• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

GAN X S Magnetic Speed Cube Review.

This is the best cube I've ever had. After playing with this for a little bit, and then playing with my older one, I only just realized that my old cube WAY to stiff. This cube doesn't have very strong magnets, and the corner cutting is ok, but the speed I'm going at with this thing is INSANE! Out of the box, it was really low on tension, but once I adjusted it, and got used to the feel, it was smooth sailing from there. I would definitely recommend this cube to anyone who's looking for one of the best speedcubes on the market. A little disappointed with the price, but otherwise, it's pretty nice. The only downside is that you have to constantly lubricate it or it will become dry and get damaged.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
This is the best cube I've ever had. After playing with this for a little bit, and then playing with my older one, I only just realized that my old cube WAY to stiff. This cube doesn't have very strong magnets, and the corner cutting is ok, but the speed I'm going at with this thing is INSANE! Out of the box, it was really low on tension, but once I adjusted it, and got used to the feel, it was smooth sailing from there. I would definitely recommend this cube to anyone who's looking for one of the best speedcubes on the market. A little disappointed with the price, but otherwise, it's pretty nice. The only downside is that you have to constantly lubricate it or it will become dry and get damaged.

Why did you get the XS? It's a great cube to be sure, but a bit outdated (it's a few years old at this point and there are many better newer cubes, some of which are cheaper)

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
11 m pro is better, as it takes the XS and makes it gud

There are cubes that are cheaper and are generally considered to be better, like the Tornado V3, or the RS3M Super. However, I do belive that the Gan XS is a very, very underrated cube, and it's definitely main worthy in 2023, even though it's pretty old.
I got it yesterday, and even though the tension was a bit hard to get used to, it's still an amazing cube that I love very, very much.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
No, I just thought that it looked like a really good cube. Jperm said he thought that it was super good, and someone here on the forums told me that he mained the XS, and that I wouldn't regret buying it, and honestly, I haven't.

Yeah, the XS was a great cube at the time of its release; easily one of the best on the market. Although that was a few years ago, and J Perm recommends different cubes now, it’s still by all means a solid cube; just not that common due to its age

Yeah, the XS was a great cube at the time of its release; easily one of the best on the market. Although that was a few years ago, and J Perm recommends different cubes now, it’s still by all means a solid cube; just not that common due to its age
I have noticed that it IS super loose on tension. It's honestly a little too easy to turn. For example, yesterday, I was speedsolving with my older cube, and got a new PB. When I wasn't using the GAN. I've actually been getting a lot worse times on the GAN then before, and I'm not sure if I just need to get used to the feel of it or not.