• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

3x3 Gan 356i : Teaser and Hype!

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
If several cube company's could make quality cubes like this one from Gan, then this could make it more fun for spectators to watch, if people could find a way to link the cube to a big screen and the audience could watch cubers do the whole solve, especially at major comps, like Worlds, Nationals, etc. Does anyone else think that this could work? or would even be fun?
I know that this could take a while to do, but I think that it would be really neat to have.

It's actually quite innovative.
(I know the Giiker Cube by Xiaomi was the first)
Any Idea about its cost bruv???

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If several cube company's could make quality cubes like this one from Gan, then this could make it more fun for spectators to watch, if people could find a way to link the cube to a big screen and the audience could watch cubers do the whole solve, especially at major comps, like Worlds, Nationals, etc. Does anyone else think that this could work? or would even be fun?
I know that this could take a while to do, but I think that it would be really neat to have.

The idea is good but it will not be WCA legal sadly.

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
What WCA regulation does this cube violate?
Multiple:

"2i) While competing, competitors must not use electronics or audio equipment (e.g. cell phones, MP3 players, dictaphones, additional lighting) apart from the Stackmat timer or stopwatch. "

"3h) Modifications that enhance the basic concept of a puzzle are not permitted. Modified versions of puzzles are permitted only if the modification does not make any additional information available to the competitor (e.g. orientation or identity of pieces), compared to an unmodified version of the same puzzle. "

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Multiple:

"2i) While competing, competitors must not use electronics or audio equipment (e.g. cell phones, MP3 players, dictaphones, additional lighting) apart from the Stackmat timer or stopwatch. "

"3h) Modifications that enhance the basic concept of a puzzle are not permitted. Modified versions of puzzles are permitted only if the modification does not make any additional information available to the competitor (e.g. orientation or identity of pieces), compared to an unmodified version of the same puzzle. "
Thanks for that. I was a little slow to see and respond to his post but you did it instead.

Hazel

Premium Member
The idea is good but it will not be WCA legal sadly.
Right, I kind of forgot about WCA regulations when I typed my last post up but after thinking about it and seeing your post I remembered the regulations. Thanks for the reminder.
If/when smart cubes become the norm (far future probably), then the WCA regulations would likely change to fit in smart cubes. Maybe eventually ONLY smart cubes will be allowed if things change enough...

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel

This could be cool for something like the nations cup or the guanlong/sail challenge. Not exactly part of the WCA competitions itself, but it could still be incorporated in a neat way.

Edit: Specifically because the cubes wouldn't be WCA legal.

Last edited: