• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Gan 11 M Pro Core Magnet Problem

fadsarmy

I noticed my cube lost its smoothness and something was catching. Upon disassembly, I noticed two of the core magnet holders of the corner pieces had come out of their socket. I tried to put them back but they were too loose so I just took all of them out. I learned that the more complicated you make something, the more problems you could potentially have.

Last edited:

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I noticed my cube lost its smoothness and something was catching. Upon disassembly, I noticed two of the core magnet holders had come out of their socket. I tried to put them back but they were too loose so I just took all of them out. I learned that the more complicated you make something, the more problems you could potentially have.
#1 tip for anything: super glue the magnets back in.

Manxkiwi

You simply need to lock them in with tool. Insert and turn 60deg clockwise. They have a sort of cam on the pin that tightens when rotated..
Check the instructions, if you have them.

fadsarmy

You simply need to lock them in with tool. Insert and turn 60deg clockwise. They have a sort of cam on the pin that tightens when rotated..
Check the instructions, if you have them.
I have the accessories but there's no tool for this, just the tool for GES nuts. But it won't lock anyway.

Manxkiwi

I wrote from memory, but have just checked properly for myself. There is no tool for the corner magnets, it looks like you do it by hand. Maybe some tweezers or small pliers might help? They won't need much though, so don't over do it! Hopefully this will work? If they haven't been messed with, it would be hard to imagine they are worn, damaged or simply not right. Hope so anyway, good luck.

fadsarmy

Judging by the number of youtube comments, it appears to be a common problem and people are using superglue. Does the 11 M Duo have a simlilar issue? From what I can make out in the videos, it seems to be part of the corner piece and not removeable.

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I noticed my cube lost its smoothness and something was catching. Upon disassembly, I noticed two of the core magnet holders of the corner pieces had come out of their socket. I tried to put them back but they were too loose so I just took all of them out. I learned that the more complicated you make something, the more problems you could potentially have.
Wait, I just thought the magnet itself is popping out from the core, not the magnet piece for the corner stocks. I say contact the store where you got the cube from and ask for some replacement parts.

fadsarmy

Wait, I just thought the magnet itself is popping out from the core, not the magnet piece for the corner stocks. I say contact the store where you got the cube from and ask for some replacement parts.
That would probably mean replacement corner pieces because it looks like the sockets that house those little pegs have lost their tightness. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see what they say.