• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Fridrich BLD!?!

piemaster

Has anyone done this successfully? I find it almost impossible to see the OLL and PLL so my limit is all the f2l. I can finish the f2l everytime I attempt it but it takes me a lot of time. The only reason I can do it is because of my ability to learn algorithms :D I can learn 5 a day and not forget them. SO basically I work out the solution and make it into an incredibly long algorithm for me to remember, and I just do it. My main method is roux but I find it harder to get further and blockbuilding because of CMLL. So, has anyone done a fridrich bld solve successfully?

Challenge: Attempt at it and see how far you can go!

Rules: None, just solve it as if you were doing a normal BLD solve. Inspection time included if you suceed, and here's a link: http://cube.garron.us/BLD/speed/index.htm if you need any hints. although I did this before I knew this existed, it may help. Good luck! Try to get a video if you suceed :D.

Last edited:

piemaster

That's just...amazing. Did you try it yourself?

Last edited:

PCwizCube

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Using method you would normally use for regular 3x3 Speed on 3x3 BLD is called "Speed BLD." That's when you measure the the of your execution, not memorization and execution.

You basically take a long time to memorize and then execute the solution using the regular 3x3 speed method.

It's nothing new, it's been done for a few years now. Here's a video of Lucas Garrons getting a 11.88 second solve using Speed BLD. He usually gets about 10 minute memorization.

calekewbs

WCA
2011PUGH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
because inspection is limited on speed solves and everyone gets the same amount of time. If it wasn't timed and was unlimited then you could (technically) sit there and figure out your entire solve using your normal method and get like 20 seconds. (plus they do have unofficial comps about that)

Sa967St

Not A Moderator
WCA
2007STRO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I saw 2 videos on Youtube of people trying this. Brb, lemme find them.

I'll try this sometime, but I doubt I'll succeed.
What are the rules? Do I have to memorize everything without turning the cube, and if not, may I use pen & paper to keep track of the moves?

edit:
here's one:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-kkJu-qdzk

edit2: the other one was deleted (aceofhearts1991 deleted most of his videos when he 'quit' cubing)

Last edited:

Cride5

Premium Member
WCA
2009RIDE01
Certainly doing the corners part blind wouldn't be too much of a challenge, but remembering where all the edges end up after doing corners would be a mammoth job :eek:

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
If you have unlimited memo time it's not that hard. I've done it once or twice (just to show that I could, didn't spend much time on improving this particular skill afterward); memo took me somewhere on the order of 45 minutes.

jms_gears1

Premium Member
WCA
2009MAUP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
actually bld roux wouldnt be that hard if you can remember the f2b and where the corners would end up because then you could do the RUR'U' corner orientation and jsut use a coner cycle to fix all of the corners,.