• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Forum Upgraded

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Hmm tried that, didn't work. What are the exact steps you'd recommend? What I did just now:
  1. Clear cache/cookies
  2. Restart browser
  3. Straight to SS
  4. Hit the arrow
  5. Log in
  6. Close browser
  7. Open browser
  8. Straight to SS
Side menu back open again. I'm using Chrome on Windows 10.
I've only tried it when signed. So, clear cache/cookies, restart browser, signin first, then click the arrow. Close and open the browser and see. If that doesn't work, are you sure your browser is storing cookies?

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hmm that didn't work. I just checked, and it's definitely set to allow cookies (I never changed the default setting). I did have it set to send a "do not track" request, but it still doesn't work even after turning that off.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Hmm that didn't work. I just checked, and it's definitely set to allow cookies (I never changed the default setting). I did have it set to send a "do not track" request, but it still doesn't work even after turning that off.
Hmm. I will look into this more and see if I can find anything. I will be out of town for the next few days so will work on it more next week.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

unsolved

I have reformatted an older table here at this link:

https://www.speedsolving.com/forum/...last-on-large-cubes.60314/page-2#post-1166022

...and now I see a great deal of white space above the table. When I look at the page in "edit" mode, there is but a single empty line separating the text above the table with the beginning of the table.

Is something still awry with the table code, or should I be using other markers within the table itself? I reviewed the bb code page, and nothing glaring is suggesting itself for the time being.

ch_ts

Hmm. I will look into this more and see if I can find anything. I will be out of town for the next few days so will work on it more next week.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Yes, it's the same for me in both Chrome and Edge in Windows 10. One thing I noticed: it's OK if I just close the tab and keep the browser still open and then reopen it again, but if I shut down the browser it's back.

Edit: I think what this means is that setting the expiration date of the cookie is all that is required to fix this.

Last edited:

biscuit

WCA
2015WEBS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes, it's the same for me in both Chrome and Edge in Windows 10. One thing I noticed: it's OK if I just close the tab and keep the browser still open and then reopen it again, but if I shut down the browser it's back.

So that means the Sessions are working right. SO must be something with cookies.

stoic

Premium Member
WCA
2013DEAR01
I'm finding it a little bit troublesome getting to the right parts of threads; on the old system it would automatically take me to the next unread post on a thread I'd viewed before.
I'm trying to click the little dot at the left of the thread title now but the avatars are just too big and I keep hitting them instead...
I mostly browse the forums on tablet/mobile and it might be my fault for having fat fingers but...anyone else have this problem?
I also think it might benefit from having some sort of extra definition around quotes, as they can be somewhat hard to distinguish. E.g. like the way "X likes this" is on a grey background.
But, I do like the upgraded style.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is there a way to change posts-per-page? I can't seem to find it anywhere in the settings or around the forums. I liked having more.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I have reformatted an older table here at this link:

https://www.speedsolving.com/forum/...last-on-large-cubes.60314/page-2#post-1166022

Is something still awry with the table code, or should I be using other markers within the table itself? I reviewed the bb code page, and nothing glaring is suggesting itself for the time being.
I've fixed this issue, apologies about that.

The forum is a little slow, here. Before the upgrade I've never noticed this problem.
This is the first I've heard, and all the tests I've done it shows it as much faster. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Edit: I think what this means is that setting the expiration date of the cookie is all that is required to fix this.
I'll look into this further and update here when I solve it.

I'm finding it a little bit troublesome getting to the right parts of threads; on the old system it would automatically take me to the next unread post on a thread I'd viewed before.
I'm trying to click the little dot at the left of the thread title now but the avatars are just too big and I keep hitting them instead...
I mostly browse the forums on tablet/mobile and it might be my fault for having fat fingers but...anyone else have this problem?
I also think it might benefit from having some sort of extra definition around quotes, as they can be somewhat hard to distinguish. E.g. like the way "X likes this" is on a grey background.
But, I do like the upgraded style.
It automatically takes me to the latest unread post when I click on the thread title both from the New Posts page and from the show forum page. Where exactly are you clicking on messages that isn't taking you to the latest post?

As for quoted messages: I will change the background color soon.

Is there a way to change posts-per-page? I can't seem to find it anywhere in the settings or around the forums. I liked having more.
As Sarah pointed out, unfortunately, this can't be changed. One of the downsides to using Xenforo.

stoic

Premium Member
WCA
2013DEAR01
It automatically takes me to the latest unread post when I click on the thread title both from the New Posts page and from the show forum page. Where exactly are you clicking on messages that isn't taking you to the latest post?
Seems to be working fine now...

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I've made some changes, please try it now and let me know if you still have issues.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Did something change? When I came on just now all of a sudden the sidebar has stayed closed (until now it's always reopened when I've closed the browser).