• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

First Impression About MoFangGe Square-1

Jimmy Liu

WCA
2011LIUR02
3e42f31fbe096b634ec03fc50a338744eaf8ac4a.jpg

I just got the new MoFangGe Square-1, thanks for giving me the opportunity to test it before mass marketing!
Reference URL for more pictures!

Feeling

I got the white brand which other article revealed that the white ones are tighter while the black ones are smoother. I personally prefer smooth and slippery feeling... After modifying the tension and lubrication, my results were getting closer to my main cube's, although it haven't displayed its 70% potential in my opinion.

Pros and cons

I haven't encountered edge pops so far, which is a huge improvement from previous SQ1s. The cube is really steady and comfortable, more like a Hualong in terms of turning style.

The U,D layers are tighter than my main SQ1, but it might be a pro for some cubers! There is a problem that the edge might be lift up and out of the track while turning, causing the similar influence as pops do.

Total thought

It's the best performed SQ1 on market so far, though I am still adapting the white color because I used to use black color. I think it should make its best performance in the near future!

Best: 8.43
Average: 11.44 of 5 / 12.08 of 12 / 13.11 of 50 / 13.48 of 100

Attachments

• ???.jpg
    ???.jpg
    489.5 KB · Views: 63

DTCuber

First square-1 with Florian holes! By the way, are the stickers the same shades as Moyu?

Sam N

Thanks for the review. It looks interesting, I'm curious how the ball mechanism affects the puzzle. The MF8 V2 was not too great, but this model looks quite different from that. I'd love to see video of the puzzle if there is any.

Wylie28

WCA
2014FORI01
Sounds great to me i thought the top and bottom layers on my current SQ1 are too fast. And i really need 5 degress more corner cutting in both directions. Anything on the price yet?

I

IAmEpic2004

What no fair I want one :p
Florian cuts look cool, definitely more than other sq-1s
Hopefully getting this, any ideas what the price will be?