• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Fingertrick B and B’ during f2l?

LZL

Hi, I’m new here, so sorry if im posting in the wrong place.

Currently I’m working on my F2L. I seem to slow down a lot because of my fingertricks.
During F2L I’d like to hold my thumbs steady at the front, and avoid cube rotations.
When I want to insert a pair at the back it’s just so slow... for example the alg B’ U B. How to do that fast, without needing to regrip? I use my ring fingers to do it, but it just feels very awkward and slow. I tried searching tutorials but I only see people inserting in the front.

WCA
2017BRYA06
YouTube
Visit Channel
It would just be better to rotate and do that alg. Even though you can get rid of some rotations but don’t try to get rid of all of them. It you never want to rotate you should look into switching to roux which is the method I use (or ZZ, but ZZ isn’t really good).

LZL

Thanks for the reply. It’s not that I neccesarely ‘want’ to avoid the cube rotations. It’s more that I picked that up from tutorials of fast speedcubers. But from what I understand from your reply is that they actually do use some cube rotations during F2L?

Thom S.

Most fast CFOP users(afraid to say every one) rotate instead of B and F moves during F2L. Rotations are slow but so are B and F moves(exeptions do exist) during F2L so there are techniques to avoid both of them by carefully choosing what Slots to do in what order