• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

FII cube as my totem?

gon

I have a totem. But I have yet to lucid dream. So I can't test this out.

Why would you need a totem in a lucid dream? When you lucid dream you know you're dreaming. You only need a totem when you're unsure and live in Inception world.

dabmasta

Why would you need a totem in a lucid dream? When you lucid dream you know you're dreaming. You only need a totem when you're unsure and live in Inception world.

yes, but you need to test your totem. And in a lucid dream you can control what you do.

ajmorgan25

WCA
2008MORG01
YouTube
Visit Channel

When you're lucid dreaming you know you're dreaming, but you also have to do "reality checks" to be sure.

Edward

WCA
2011KING01
YouTube
Visit Channel

When you're lucid dreaming you know you're dreaming, but you also have to do "reality checks" to be sure.

Which is why there is that thing about looking at your hand or something. I assume a totem would be like that.

dillonbladez

WCA
2010CHAN03
YouTube
Visit Channel

yeah. what if you were lucid dreaming for 10+ hours dream time? Then you'd prolly be WTF is this reality?

To the OP:
Fill the cubies on your F-II with different things. Eg, fill one side with tape, then another with erasers, then another with lego, etc.

Inception was a fantastic movie,btw, to those who haven't watched it yet.

dillonbladez

WCA
2010CHAN03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh. I see. But this is rather confusing. If I know that your totem is supposed to stop spinning in the real world, can I not construct my dream in such a way that the physics for spinning are taken into account?

That particular totem was the only one in the movie to keep on spinning, in dreams. Not all totems are like that.
The guy should know if he's in his own dream, so yes, he can construct it to stop spinning, but this is different for people whom haven't felt it, so they can't make a dream with the exact specifications needed to stop the totem from spinning...

confusing :p

Whyusosrs?

What's the point of having a totem? It's like a reality check or something so you can do whatever in your dream? Have not seen inception so I dunno.

WeIsPrius

whoa I just had a dream and my totem actually worked HAHAHA. Ok it didn't actually behave as a real totem bit it was different than reality. Woke up just to share this, it was so cool although the dream wasn't that good. I SSS in a warehouse it something kinda like Cowtxo and saw a friend. he had a cube too actually it was green, maybe guhomg. I don't know I only felt my cube and it was DFFERRNT!

Ok noq back to bed sk tired!

HelpCube

YouTube
Visit Channel
Awesome movie

What I think would be really cool is to become pro at lucid dreaming, and then do things in the dream world that you would never dream of doing in the real world :p.
Like shooting a gun randomly or robbing a bank lmao.