• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Fifteen puzzle

Rinfiyks

YouTube
Visit Channel
Has anyone here heard of the fifteen puzzle? It's basically a 2D sequential move puzzle.
There's a little app for it on the windows vista/7 sidebar called "picture puzzle".

If you've played it, what's your fastest time? I usually get 20 - 30 seconds, my best is 17.

I've had one for a while. I don't time myself though. I write down a random combination for the puzzle then try it to see if it's possible. Or maybe make a pattern. I don't just do the normal 1-->15 combination.

keemy

WCA
2006CORR01
hmm I play it on my phone sometimes so hard to do the moves fast but probably around 20 on avg and 13ish or less single.

AbelBrata

WCA
2009BRAT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
When I was "practicing", I was around 25 seconds.

But I know for a fact Abel Brata from Indonesia is godly fast at it. :S

Going to Asian Champ?

BTW, i made a scramble generator here:
http://abelbrata.phpnet.us/puzzle/15puzzle.php

U = slide up
D = slide down
L = slide left
R = slide right
The number after that is how many pieces you slide.
Example D3 --> slide 3 pieces downwards.....

Ranzha

Friendly, Neighbourhoodly
WCA
2009HARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I loved my 15 puzzle. I had one, and it was a promotional 15-puzzle advertising the movie "Knowing" starring Nicolas Cage.
Two of the left border pieces were the same, so I could have had permutation parity.
I averaged 15 seconds.