• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[WR] Feliks Zemdegs 3x3 OH single 6.88

WCA
2012PATE01
Hmm okay so scrambler was insistent that the cube was scrambled correctly - the video footage indicates the scramble was wrong.
:( i really hope it doesn't get disqualified!!! this is just awsome considering your 2 fastest 3x3 solve at the Comp was one handed !!!

WCA
2012PATE01
I hope the scrambler gets some sort of punishment for this. Mistakes happen, but unacceptance is worse

I agree! This isn't acceptable! especially with people like Feliks and Jayden ( maybe Kirt too) who are capable of WR's good scramblers (this dude not) and judges ( 1-2-3-8 seconds dude not) should be there.

So, what next then? Is there a precedent for incidents like this? I know that there was a Polish man who relinquished the world record square-1 because it was misscrambled in a particularly easy way, but what does "particularly easy" mean? I heard somebody mention a 13-move optimal solution rule, but what regulation is this under?

Faz should post the video anyway, since I'm curious to see the reaction to it.

natezach728

WCA
2012SORI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So, what next then? Is there a precedent for incidents like this? I know that there was a Polish man who relinquished the world record square-1 because it was misscrambled in a particularly easy way, but what does "particularly easy" mean? I heard somebody mention a 13-move optimal solution rule, but what regulation is this under?

Faz should post the video anyway, since I'm curious to see the reaction to it.

I think as long as the solve stays within regulations (idk it off the top of my head), and has no obvious advantage (like a 1x2x2 block already made). Also take in how off the scramble was. Kinda reminds me of my own 1.71 skewb single DNF :( but this looks like it is within regulations :) No matter what, gj Faz!

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
I hope the scrambler gets some sort of punishment for this. Mistakes happen, but unacceptance is worse

There were two scramblers and both were checking scrambles. Both were experienced cubers, it's just bad luck. When you scramble hundreds of cubes, all it takes is checking one of them whilst distracted/tired and it slips through. Bad luck that it gave a WR

I think as long as the solve stays within regulations (idk it off the top of my head), and has no obvious advantage (like a 1x2x2 block already made). Also take in how off the scramble was. Kinda reminds me of my own 1.71 skewb single DNF :( but this looks like it is within regulations :) No matter what, gj Faz!

He had an easy cross, but I was in the same group and found a really nice X-cross+free pair on another colour, so it's debatable that the scramble was outright advantageous.

Video/scramble will be sent to the board to decide but based on precedent it will hopefully be approved

Last edited: