• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Favorite Cube Timer iPod/iPhone Apps?

cnuulhu

WCA
2011KARN01
I'm hoping to improve my Rubik's cube times significantly over the summer, and a key part of that is constantly keeping track of my times. I have a stackmat timer, but this is not very practical to carry around in the pockets of my shorts. During a recent competition, I saw some people keeping time on specialized apps for their smartphones or tablets, and I see a bunch of these available in the Apple App Store, or listed in the Mobile Software article on the SpeedSolving Wiki. Each seems to have its features, shortcomings, and bugs. So what is your favorite app for speedsolving on the go?

G

Georgeanderre

iitimer, no contest between the iPod ones

and for android there just isn't a good one... "Speedcube Timer" saves times but not scrambles

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
I favour Android so have 'Speedcube Timer'

I wish there was a good Android version of qqTimer though.
and for android there just isn't a good one... "Speedcube Timer" saves times but not scrambles

Download jjtimer and JustInTime. They're both good, and I like bits of both. I like jjtimer more for the start and no lag on my bad phone, neither have inputting times, JustInTime has better stats, but jjtimer allows you to access them better. I have them both, and until one is updated to be much better than the other, I will keep up with both.

Last edited:
G

Georgeanderre

Download jjtimer and JustInTime. They're both good, and I like bits of both. I like jjtimer more for the start and no lag on my bad phone, neither have inputting times, JustInTime has better stats, but jjtimer allows you to access them better. I have them both, and until one is updated to be much better than the other, I will keep up with both.

Just downloaded jjtimer, not as good looking as speedcube timer but it has twice the functionatily,

couldn't find JustInTime but jjtimer is good enough so ill just stick with that

Selkie

Premium Member
WCA
2011WRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Just spotted the reply and indeed jjTimer is much better thanks for the recommendation. Only thing that appears to be missing is Avg12 to go with the Avg5 but apart from that I really like it. It also renders full screen on HD devices, where SpeedcubeTimer just uses a portion of a HD screen