• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Fast algorithm to flip an edge

stoic

Premium Member
WCA
2013DEAR01
Maybe posted in the wrong place, but that is still a decent alg; funnily enough I was looking for a better alg for this case myself last night...you should update the wiki (F2L case 38).
Cheers

Athefre

Why didn't you guys post the A Collection of Algorithms suggestion when Rowe Hessler created a similar topic?

Juju

I currently use:

(R' F R F') R U' R' U R U' R' U2 R U' R'

Same amount of moves and I think mine might be a little faster. I've seen some better algs for this case, but I'm stuck in my ways.

Selkie

Premium Member
WCA
2011WRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
For:-
F2L38.png

I also use (R' F R F') R U' R' U R U' R' U2 R U' R'

and drop the (R'FRF') for the next case:-
F2L12.png

which then becomes R U' R' U R U' R' U2 R U' R'

I used to use different for both but they were two cases I optimised a month or so ago.

Interesting to note that I have optimised these for the FR slot but still use mirrors/inverses of the R'U2R2UR2UR based alg for FL, BR, BL slots.

Last edited:

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
I'm surprised nobody has posted this yet.

R U' R' d' R' U2 R U R' U2 R

It's almost 2 gen and relatively short.

edit - fail, d not d'.

Last edited:

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah I know, it just keeps annoying me to see wrong algs and I like to plug alg.garron a lot.
I actually use that alg... well, a variation from my period when I tried cross-on-left:
z U' R U l' U R2' U' R2 U l' f' (the f' with the left thumb)
Also nice when it's the BL or FR slot, just needs a different but good cube rotation at the start.

Last edited:

Dacuba

I only use (R U R' U')*2 R (right thumb) U' (more right thumb action) R' and normal insert
I also use the mirror for left