• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Famous Cuber Watch

Gomorrite

5.80 3x3 Avg100 UWR by Max Park... and a few hours later Feliks Zemdegs ties the UWR!

Also the 3x3 Avg12 UWR belongs to Feliks Zemdegs now (5.34, which is 0.02 faster than Max Park's previous UWR)

5.80 3x3 Avg100 UWR by Max Park... and a few hours later Feliks Zemdegs ties the UWR!

Also the 3x3 Avg12 UWR belongs to Feliks Zemdegs now (5.34, which is 0.02 faster than Max Park's previous UWR)
Hmm, so Feliks improved his average of 100 by 0.17 in one day?

Gomorrite

Hmm, so Feliks improved his average of 100 by 0.17 in one day?
Well, I kind of suspect that Feliks does not do long practice sessions of a single event as often as Max Park does. Hence his usually strong Avg5s or Avg12s, but comparatively weaker Avg50 or Avg100... until he decides to do a long session.

Also, at least for bigger cubes, I also suspect that Max's big averages (Avg1000 is obvious!) are often calculated over several practice sessions, while Feliks avoids doing that.

This is just my hypothesis based on watching their PBs evolution over many months. :D

At the moment I am hoping for a strong comeback of Feliks this early Summer (or early Winter in Australia) similar to what happened last year.

Gomorrite

40.70 5x5 Avg5 UWR by Max Park, over a second improvement over his previous UWR (41.74).

We are getting closer to sub-40 averages, as well as sub-20 in 4x4. :eek:

On a different note, the main competition to keep an eye on this weekend is Qualifornia, with Max Park doing 6x6 and 7x7, as well as a bunch of top BLDers competing. Meanwhile Feliks Zemdegs will be competing in Australia.

Last edited: