• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Exeter Open 2016 (UK)

WCA
2015LLOY02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Will probably be £25 like the pillowed, only used it a week. Well the unboxing on my channel says 1 week :) Won't be available yet as my stickerless hasnt been received yet, hoping today but it will still need breaking in

Okay cool! Could I buy it off you (after you're done competing with it of course) if you're willing to sell it?

WCA
2015LLOY02
YouTube
Visit Channel
So yeah, first day. Got lost on the way here. Was late enough to miss 4x4, but there was a chance I wouldn't get an average anyway. Did 2x2 but sucked. Also signed up for 6x6 last minute, but felt bad about it 'cos Connor had sit through my 10+ min doomed to fail solve. Looked and felt like a zombie due to lack of sleep.

But it was all worth it for the lovely cake.

Ollie

WCA
2012FROS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks Conor, Katie and Louis (and others who helped out a lot) for another awesome competition! It was great to see everyone again (after something like 5 months for me?)

DYK:

Rob had a cushion?
There was a LOT of cake? Om
There was some shady goings on at Premier Inn at 4am?
Rob Yau ER?
Ronald finally got a sub-30 single?
Adam gave me the world's smallest black eyelid?
Steve and Matt are awesome?
We went to the fanciest Wetherspoon's in all the land?
I massively locked up on my last 5BLD and lost 14-15s trying to fix it?
Hangover + 3BLD = no?
8 hours of sleep on Saturday night was heavenly?
There were something like 8 different pianos in the building?
Ping pong?

I'm happy with my achievements:

Getting a 3BLD mean (and redeeming myself for round one).
Knowing I can still sub-3 4BLD after so long (I even got close with a 2:1x DNF, just an accidental R move off).
Nearly getting a 5BLD mo3 (a few wings off on the second attempt).

Last edited:

Kev43

WCA
2009GUIL01
On my way home!
I'm supposed to leave my flat at noon so I won't be sleeping much tonight but I 'ave no regrets, it was a great comp :)

Thanks Katie for the cakes, they were awesome!

Very 'appy with my miraculous sub14 average (Magic 'appened I guess), too bad I did it in the first round and not the semifinal but well.

So it really was my last UK comp this time, it's been a really nice cubing year for me so thanks everyone for the good moments and all :)

Also I'm going to be annoying but my last 3BLD was marked as DNF instead of DNS. I didn't do it because I didn't have much time left so I'm quite sure I wrote DNS and signed, could somebody please check that?