• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

European Rubik's Cube Championship 2008

KConny

WCA
2007LUND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Fresh new thread that won't discuss about open/closed EC.

I'm looking forward like hell right now. It's gonna be nice to se both old and new faces. But there is one thing I don't get, the qualification thing. For example my best BLD in com is >3min but to qualify you have to have a solve sub3 at comp before 31 aug but I'm registerd to compete in the first round and not the qualification round. Same thing with 4x4 and OH. And how does the waiting list work?

My previous goal was to compete in every event except 5x5BLD. But I had to scratch that since I suck at MM, Mega, Sq-1, clock and feet. :p

What are your goals?

joey

WCA
2007GOUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm looking forward to meet all the people I met before, and all those I havn't met yet! Espeically you KConny :p

Goals: 15.xx 3x3 avg
3x3 BLD WR, preferably sub60. Failing that, maybe sub-80 or sub-90.

KConny

WCA
2007LUND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm gonna improve my BLD NR for sure and hopefully claim multi and perhaps 4x4BLD NR aswell. If it wasn't for Gunnar I would have held a lot of NRs, good luck to me beating him in OH. :p

Gunnar

WCA
2004KRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm gonna improve my BLD NR for sure and hopefully claim multi and perhaps 4x4BLD NR aswell. If it wasn't for Gunnar I would have held a lot of NRs, good luck to me beating him in OH. :p

Sorry, Daniel, for being so good. :p

My goals are pretty much:

3x3: Making the finals and/or a sub-14 average
2x2: Don't really care about this event anymore
4x4: top-5
3x3OH: Going for the 1st place and the WR if it's still around the 20s in September.

OH is going extremely good for me right now. Yesterday I got this:
Average of 5: 19.76
Average of 12: 21.07
Average of 50: 22.87

nicoJ

WCA
2007KUPF01
oh ****
I WAS going for the WR
at least for podium
and my times are not so good:D
so i need to practise:D

very good times, btw:D
i'm envious :cool:

Gunnar

WCA
2004KRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
oh ****
I WAS going for the WR
at least for podium
and my times are not so good:D
so i need to practise:D

very good times, btw:D
i'm envious :cool:

I thought you were about as fast as me!?

Anyway, I might as likely get a 5th place or worse, since the competition is very hard. Guys like Rama, Milan, Thiabaut and Edouard are not easy too beat. But it's ok. The challange is what makes it funny and worth all the practice.

Inusagi

Could somebody explain what the waiting list is? It say if you don't reach the time limit, then you must go through the qualification round and may be put on the waiting list. But what is the waiting list exactly?

tim

WCA
2007HABE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Could somebody explain what the waiting list is? It say if you don't reach the time limit, then you must go through the qualification round and may be put on the waiting list. But what is the waiting list exactly?

It's a waiting list ;). Isn't it selfexplaining?
If competitiors cancel their registration, people from the waiting list will fill up the empty slots. Or if the organization team will change the limit of competitiors per event, or...

My goals:
a) having fun
b) getting a sub-10 in 4x4 bld
c) getting a successful 5x5 bld solve
d) having a great multi bld competition with many cubes and many competitors

Inusagi

It's a waiting list ;). Isn't it selfexplaining?
If competitiors cancel their registration, people from the waiting list will fill up the empty slots. Or if the organization team will change the limit of competitiors per event, or...

My goals:
a) having fun
b) getting a sub-10 in 4x4 bld
c) getting a successful 5x5 bld solve
d) having a great multi bld competition with many cubes and many competitors

Does this mean it's neccesary to register fast? Is there a waiting list for evry events, or just some of them? If it's just for some of them, which one?

Inusagi

I am not allowed to go. The airport tickets is too expensive. If it just were in a more popular place....