• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

EOCross vs EOline

• Thread starter QuestionableCuber
  • Start date

EOline vs EOCross or Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

QuestionableCuber

While both have their advantages, which could be a better EO method: EOline Or EOCross
EOline Advantages:
-Lower move count than EOCross
-Easier to plan in inspection
-Allows for blockbuilding
EOline Disadvantages
-More regroups for blockbuilding
-Blindspots
EOCross Advantages
-Nearly regripless ZZF2L
-Less blindspots
-Due to the pairing that cross requires higher TPS can be achieved
EOCross Disadvantages
-Inspection is extremely hard for all pieces
-Higher movecount depending on how efficient your cross is
Personally I prefer EOline because I love blockbuilding and lower movecount. Tell me what you think, or if a different option such as EOArrow is better or if one of my points is wrong, you can even add another point.
Have Fun! -Michael

brododragon

Really, I completely disagree that EOCross is the best approach to ZZ. While it may beat EOLine if one does not look into blocks, starts such as EO223, XEOLine, or even EOArrow could beat it.
Yeah. That's like saying cross edge+Last two F2L pairs is better in Petrus. Man, I just compared Petrus and ZZ again. *Bracing for the literal fire that this post is going to receive*

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Really, I completely disagree that EOCross is the best approach to ZZ. While it may beat EOLine if one does not look into blocks, starts such as EO223, XEOLine, or even EOArrow could beat it.
XEOLine is also good, but EOCross is the most simple and is definitely better than EOArrow. XEOLine is only better because you can. solve FL pair right away and then it's RU blocks, but forcing yourself to solve BL and FL before anything on the right is just slow (with EOArrow).

Status
Not open for further replies.