• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Edison vs C4Y Cube?

Edison or C4Y Cube?

• Total voters

Vulosity

YouTube
Visit Channel
Can anyone who has these two 3x3's compare them (pros, cons)? I'm thinking of buying a new 3x3 and I can't decide between those. n00bcubix said that the C4Y cube feels like a looser version of the Edison. True? :confused:

Any help is appreciated. :)

Vulosity

YouTube
Visit Channel
I am also considering buying one of the two and I also cannot decide on which to buy. I might just buy both!!
After this thread has many helpful replies, I'll decide if I should get an Edison or c4y cube. Buying both would be too expensive. If Edison wins, I'll probably buy it from Regisiew; and if c4y cube wins, I'll buy from Cubefans.

I prefer the edison.

Can you elaborate more? :cool:

Jhong253

WCA
2008HONG01
I'd pick Edison over C4Y. I just don't trust C4Y as they have numerous problems with shipping, quality, etc. Edisons are not known as well as C4Y though, because up until tribox and Regisiew showed up they were literally unavailable outside of Korea. Keep that in mind. I'd say if you like super loose cubes and don't mind risking big time, buy C4Y. Otherwise, go with Edison.

abr71310

WCA
2009SHAO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have both cubes (Red C4Y, thanks Justin, and a B and a W Edison), and I have to say that they have their own pros and cons, it depends what type of a cuber you are and how loose or how tight you like your cubes to be.

For OH, I would def. recommend the C4Y cube since the edge caps definitely give a better sense of control and balance while turning, however it WILL pop during an average of 5, so be prepared to use your strong fingers (LOL) to fix your cube quickly and continue.

For 2H (normal speedsolve), Edison wins hands down. It cuts corners better (about 10 degrees better), it's a little noisier but that's okay because for BLD it helps you know EXACTLY what you've done; the stickers that come with the Edison are already very nice PVC ones; the C4Y ones must be replaced by either a Bright CS set or a Studio Cube set since I find the ones they give you are hard to recognize with.

Edison's though suck for OH since they're heavier and stiffer (noticeably, but not so much for 2H, especially for PLL attacks!), that's the only con I can think of; that and the cost, obviously.

Regisiew

I'm not trying to convince you to purchase one of my cubes, but I think the C4Y isn't as good as the edison, and actually in my opinion, I don't think it's that good at all. Though don't take my advice into great consideration because I don't even own a C4Y, but I've felt many before. I don't know exactly why, but compared to an edison, I honestly think C4Y sucks. But once again, I don't own one, but I do know that of every cube I've used, edison's the best feel. Though it's all personal preference.

Jhong253

WCA
2008HONG01
I never said tribox showed up after C4Y cubes. I'm saying that Edisons are still not quite as well known. A lot of people know about C4Y site, and thus a lot of people know about C4Y cubes. Edisons still aren't quite as well known because the sites selling them are not quite as well known, etc.

vloc15

YouTube
Visit Channel
i own a c4y cube but i haven't tried an Edison yet. I'm planning on buying one though so that i could compared them. however, my c4y cube is my main speed cube as of now, i got my PB. ave with it. :D

abr71310

WCA
2009SHAO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I tried an Edison at TOW (Toronto Open Winter), and it was decent. That's when Michael (abr71310) told me that he hadn't lubed it yet :D

LOL Jai xD
Yeah, I didn't YET... I went home afterwards and lubed the White Edison, it became so much more faster!!!

-- I think I might tinker around with the springs on both of them, I want to make a loose, fast, but not pop-py Edison that's WICKED when lubed...

Then Jai will be like "WTF" with his Type F hybrid XDD (LOL Edisons are too heavy for OH...)

DAE_JA_VOO

Sorry for the revival, but I don't want to start a new thread.

So, I'm in the market for a new cube. Mine's done a kazillion solves, and it's starting to feel a bit locky. I've ordered two C4Y cubes from DX, but I'm looking to try something else as well. The cubes that I'm considering are the Rubik's.com DIY, Edison, and the JSK clone. What would you guys recommend?

From the other thread:

I've concluded that the Edison is better, but then the JSK clone comes into play.

And then? :p Is it that much better?