• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Edison vs C4Y Cube?

Edison or C4Y Cube?

• Total voters

pentrixter

Banned
Sorry for the revival, but I don't want to start a new thread.

So, I'm in the market for a new cube. Mine's done a kazillion solves, and it's starting to feel a bit locky. I've ordered two C4Y cubes from DX, but I'm looking to try something else as well. The cubes that I'm considering are the Rubik's.com DIY, Edison, and the JSK clone. What would you guys recommend?

From the other thread:

I've concluded that the Edison is better, but then the JSK clone comes into play.

And then? :p Is it that much better?
Try putting store cubies into C4U cube frame. It's... interesting. I think it's better than the C4U, at least.

Vulosity

YouTube
Visit Channel
both my c4y cubes lock up more than my edison, so i chose edison

I've been watching cube average videos of Edison and Cube4you cubes. And from those, the cube4you cube locks up a lot, probably because the cube feels so loose. The Edisons are fast, yet they rarely lock up.

Also, jsk clones have a popping problem and some people have said that their screws loosen up by themselves.

Edison > C4Y > JSK clone?

Jai

WCA
2007GAMB01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Also, jsk clones have a popping problem and some people have said that their screws loosen up by themselves.
Edison > C4Y > JSK clone?
What? My JSK is probably my best cube, mainly because it will never pop on me. I don't know where you got your information from, but I can tell you right now that mine never pops on me, and I never worry that it will. The screws are fine for me, with no noticeable loosening yet. I've had mine since February or March.

I'd say Edison > JSK Clone > C4Y.

pentrixter

Banned
Yea but I think Vulosity was focusing more on whether the cubes locked up or not. You are focusing more on whether they are poppable or not.

Jai

WCA
2007GAMB01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm not focusing more on whether they pop or not, I'm just saying that it's a major plus point because all of my other loose and fast cubes are poppy. The JSK clone does lock up now and then, but that all depends on your turning style. Also, when it does lock up, it doesn't pop like the Type A and C4Y.

For some, the JSK clone is a really good cube, and for others, it locks up too much. To me, it feels like a Type D done right, though it does share similarities with the Rubik's DIY. It is a JSK clone, after all.

Last edited:

1996iscool

I'm planning to get an Edison, but from my experience with my cube4you cube it locks up a lot and pops.

daniel0731ex

or you could just use type c :p

anyway, if i were you i'd buy both. but if you really want to choose either one then i'd get edison over C4U. the feel is much nicer (to me)

piemaster

It needs a lot of breaking in, but the corner cutting is amazing. It's turning is bad though.