• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Dutch Nationals 2009 live result link

Erik

WCA
2005AKKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
FMC solution:
scramble: R U2 B2 F U F' L2 F' R2 D2 F L D' R' D U' R U
I took the inverse scramble so: U' R' U D' R D L' F' D2 R2 F L2 F U' F' B2 U2 R'
Premove: B2

start: L D L, oooh everything looks nice now... lets make the block on the back before the block that I focussed on in the first place:
R' F B2 D, so nice everything :) F2. Now it's possible to finish the F2L minus one pair with U' L and do this in only 10 moves and a premove.
instead I solved all edges:
L L U F U' F' L'. Then the first commutator: L F L' B L F' L' B'. Where some stuff cancels out nicely.
Last 3 corners: B (setup, L F' L' B' L F L' ) B' L' B'. Where the last move skips a move with the premove:
Total:
L D L R' F B2 D F2 L2 U F U' L' B L F' L F' L' B' L F L' B L' B (26)
I'm sure there is something nicer to find and at least the last commutator could've been implemented somewhere in the solution so it would skip some more moves. I didn't try this because I know I always need a lot time to finally get an inverted solution to work on the original scramble...
Yay NR :) Sorry Guus...

@ Ton, yeah I saw that 1 minute after posting that, sorry. I can't search that good if I have to pretend I'm paying attention to what the teacher is telling us...

WCA
2008SMIT04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Huh, why isn't my 22.61 average on square-1 counted as an NR?

Did you know...
- I went slow on BLD to make sure I got a success?
- The scramble was really too easy to get sup-2 on?
- I still got 2:15?
- Erik beat me by just 8 seconds?
- There were 3 Dutch people who got a success?
- Sander got third because of that with a 9:41 solve?
- I got a 1:28 practising just before BLD?
- My FMC was crap?
- It had a really awesome start though?
- My average of 100 on Friday seemed to be a pretty good estimation of my skills?
- It was 13.76, and my first and second round averages were 13.73 and 13.69, respectively?
- I totally failed in the finals?
- My 6.88 average in pyraminx had a counting 8.28 with pop?
- It would have been sooooo NR if I hadn't had that pop?
- Arnaud got a 19.xy solve in which he saw the whole solution when he still had 2 F2L slots left?
- Rama beat my 5x5 single?
- He somehow got 1:31?
- Jacco and me own at teamsolving?
- In one solve, we got a ZBF2L case we both knew?
- We use different algs for that case?
- We also got a 38.88 nonlucky?
- It was our first sub-50?
- I own at Magic BLD?
- I don't own at Magic OH?
- I got 1:08 average?
- I don't really care?
- I finally got my FMC trophy from WC?
- Maria is going to kill me if I'm not coming to The Hague Open?
- Mats' 21s square-1 solve had a 10 second PLL?
- He uses Baum? :p
- His last solve in the 3x3 finals was 9.71+2, which made him lose to Erik by 0.01 second?
- I haven't been practising megaminx at all lately, but I still got 1:22 average, which is a lot better than normal for me?
- I have to beat Erik next year?
- I had a full ZB solve in OH?
- It was 24.71?

Erik

WCA
2005AKKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Did you know???
- My mom competed? She got a PLL skip too in her first competition!
- We convinced Choconel to compete after all? She got some pepernoten in return...
- Julia, a girl from my old high school was there too, but was too scared to compete?
- My pyraminx got stolen or lost at WC so I had to borrow a pyraminx? :(
- I broke loads of competition records this competition?
- I almost feel sorry for getting the OH single record? It belongs to Rama! (maybe this will motivate him to practice more!)
- Rama replied that it would be only justified if he now took my two-handed single record?
- After the first day during dinner Arnaud suggested that I picked up my gf that same night?
- After 5 hours of driving that night I did it?
- She, my mom, or my new blue F type brought me luck apparently?
- It was a nice competition but the people walking by had no idea what was going on since there was not any form of promotion? (no banner, no giant cardboard cubes etc.)
- There was still a big crowd for the BLD and 3x3 finals?
- Pepernoten?
- Colour neutral FTW at OH?
- Hoppa is back? (after 8.33)
- 3 sub-10's in 15 solves is... hmm well not that special?
- 10.49 was a surprise because the day before I averaged 12.xx of 12 while racing Breandan? It was cold and at Arnaud's place so bad light though (a)
- Apparently its irrelevant if I do 6-2-2-2 pairing or 2-2-2-2-2-2 pairing at 4x4?
- Alexander Ooms was there again? :D
- We missed Joël van Noort, Hakan Deniz, Jaap Scherphuis, Guus Razoux Schultz and Hans van der Zijden though? :(
- Rama would be very good (I think he can manage sub1:30 avg) at 5x5 if he practices it!

Last edited:

Rama

WCA
2006TEMM01
Waar zie jij Jaap staan? :p

No, you just failed Erik.

Yes I take the NR OH single as a personal atttack to me, instead of a WR you only wanted the NR to annoy me... That's hitting below the belt man. Grapje hóór broeder, maar deze analfabeten kunnen het toch niet lezen.

Erik

WCA
2005AKKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
haha you got me, I just typed too fast

Did you know?
- Maria makes such lovely spicyyy :D noodle soup?
- Robin (Kwant) shaved his skin instead of his chin hairs?
- It was on his OH hand too?
- Mats got a PLL skip in the finals?
- I guess this makes up for his +2? (or vice versa)
- The spellenspektakel is way too expensive for the stuff they offer? (€6 for parking and €20 for entrance for both days, €3,50 for just one hotdog sandwich and pretty much nothing else to eat...)
- 7 out of 38 competitors was female? (that's a bit more than 18%!)
- I'm sorry for Rama (again!)