• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Downtime

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I realize that there has been a lot of downtime lately, at random times. I am working on resolving this issue. I am considering upgrading to a new server, but in the meantime, please bare with me. I should have this issue resolved in the next week.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
There was some downtime over the last hour, and I apologize for the inconvenience. Most of this downtime is due to too many people access the MySQL database at one time, which will basically turn off the site for most people.

In mid-August, I plan on putting this onto a much better server which should basically eliminate any timeouts, or downtime, other than very minimal problems. Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
The server has been particularly bad today. I will be moving this to a VPS in mid-August which will resolve pretty much all the errors/time-outs you've all been having. I apologize for any inconvenience.

I can atest to the ones in the issues in the last hour. And oddly enough, the Twisty forum seems to be experiencing problems today as well.

EDIT: What did you mean by servers? Are you hosting this place privately, on your own server, through your school, or commercially?

EDIT2: Ya... Twistypuzzles is in *rough* shape right now. The entire site has been down for quite a few hours now. I'm not sure when. Um.., can someone confirm this for me, that it's not just me experiencing this problem.

Last edited:

hawkmp4

This site has been and always has been fine for me lately. Who knows.
And twistypuzzles works for me.