• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Does it matter whether or not you spray lube on the side where the screw is on a 2x2?

n00bCube

YouTube
Visit Channel
Just a quick question. Should I avoid spraying lube into the side of a 2x2 where the screw is, or does it not matter?

I'm sure it doesn't matter, but I just want to be on the safe side and not knacker my cube.

Thanks. :)

WCA
2010CANT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
LUBE YOUR SCREWS! I have lubed the peices of my 2x2 which made no major difference. A bit later, y sprayed lube on the screw (trying to get some lube under the screw heads) and it made my cube AMAZING! My average dropped of about 2 seconds :D

n00bCube

YouTube
Visit Channel
Well I've lubed it. It actually felt a lot worse at first, I had to work the lube in for ages and now the cube feels a lot better.

What worries me though is if I smell it, it smells like burning plastic. I hope it's not melting.