• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Do you solve edges or corners first on 3bld?

Edges or Corners first on 3BLD?

• Total voters

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
It is now, yes. But 5 years ago it was more common to do the safe memo on edges, because it seemed like edges were too much for audio memory. Then that was proven wrong, and everyone switched.

I've fully made the switch now, but I'm still not quite as fast as I once was the old way. I assume I just need some intensive practice to get there; right now I still tend to take far too long constructing the audio memo.
I find corners to be my issue. I haven't timed splits but they feel like they take longer than edges. I certainly pause a lot more coming up with images. I'd like to do full audio but it's probably a step too far.

M O

WCA
2017KLOS01
Do you have a specific reason why?

Personally I memo corners first, edges, then exe edges, corners, since there are less corners. I see videos of many people doing corners first so I was just wondering.

Clarification: Do you EXECUTE edges or corner first

Edit:Anyone who voted Corners, can you guys explain why it is easier for you to do corners first? I know my friend does audio pairs for edges then visually memos his corners so he can see his 3cycles easier when he exes his corners first. Just curious.
I memo edges then corners, solve corners then edges, because that way I can get the shorter corner part over with and get back to my edge memo as soon as possible. if I execute edges first, then its more likely that I will forget the end of my corner memo

FakeMMAP

WCA
2014MAUR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I currently solve corners first, and I've been doing it for the last 4 years. However I'm trying to switch to edges first, and I've already got a sub-30 mo3 on cam an a PB single of 21 somehow. audio edges can be hard at first, but if you're well isolated from distractions and you're focused it's easy even relatively early. I probably started the switch at the beginning of this month and some results are seen, however I'm still not 100% confident and my success rate isn't great, but I haven't practiced BLD a lot lately anyway. If I'm well focused I think I can do corners first or edges first with about the same speed, so that's cool. also edges first parity is just OP :)

Nathanael

WCA
2019ROBE21
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm still deciding and that's the reason I came to this thread. I believe that I should execute corners first because I do audio pairs for corners and visuals for edges because I use M2 and find it easier to switch I/S or C/W when you're using visuals. Often with audio, I don't use pairs so it could be something containing like 5 letters in one like EGaW or VAD.