• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Did you learn to cube from Dan Brown(pogobat)?

Did you learn to cube from Dan Brown(pogobat)?

• Yes

Votes: 127 47.9%
  • No

Votes: 138 52.1%

• Total voters
WCA
2010LECA01
YouTube
FirefoxFreeze
Yep. He's like the one who started the majority of us to start speedcubing. Thanks to his video, I already subbed 60 from him. His Tutorials were good.
In fact, he was one of the few people who had the 4x4x4 Parity List.
In other words, he's awesome, so stop hating him.

YouTube
ElderKingpin
i did not. i took one look at the HEY WORLD. and left. i would not consider it a tutorial. I like badmephisto's for 2 reasons

1. Its more professional
2. He goes through the tutorial, instead of just giving a visual on what the algorithms do.

(I did not learn from either of them though. youcandothecube.com). Ironically i threw away the pamphlet that came with the cube

Last edited:
WCA
2010WARR01
I learned 3x3 from Rubiks.com, which if you clicked is fairly solid. It resembles both Fridrich and Beginner.

Have you watched Dan Brown's 4x4 tutorial, especially the parity part?

It's just an abomination to everything in existence.
Well, I thought it was pretty good, but then again I pulled OLL parity from this forum. And I suck at 4x4, so...yeah. I'll take another look, because I have grown a hell of a lot since I first learned.

WCA
2008CETI01
YouTube
nitrocan
Have you watched Dan Brown's 4x4 tutorial, especially the parity part?

It's just an abomination to everything in existence.
He has a 4x4 tut?

Omg he does. I had no idea.

I learned from robh for 4x4 so :p.
He doesn't use OLL PLL so the way he explains parity is very awkward. The algorithms he gives are even more awkward.

LNZ

Premium Member
YouTube
Darkangel2347
Yes, but only for the 4x4 cube. I used a 1981 cube book for the 3x3 and 2x2 (by natural extention as a 2x2 is a 3x3 with no edge cubies), and RobH0629's tutorial for the 5x5.

As the 6x6 is just a bigger version of the 4x4, I credit Dan Brown and RobH0629 to solve it.

And as the 7x7 is a bigger version of the 5x5, I credit RobH0629.

LNZ

Premium Member
YouTube
Darkangel2347
A bit of note.

I had to watch Dan Brown's 4x4 tutorial over 10 times to finally get it in to my head. He is not very good at the 4x4 and it shows.

I did watch RobH0629's 4x4 tutorial twice to make up for some failing aspects of Dan Brown's 4x4 tutorial.

And because of RobH0629's good 4x4 tutorial, I used him for the 5x5 cube solve. His 5x5 tutorial set is very good.

Partially. I learned to solve last layer corners his way. Someone i know taught me the rest of the solving process.. I am now waaaaay better than him :p he still uses beginners method..

Yes, I learned it from him. A few weeks later I discovered another beginners tutorial where 4LLL was used and I learned this. I don't know who made it, but since then i got more and more into speedcubing.