• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

DaYan GuHong Screw problems

SixSidedCube

WCA
2012LOUD02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys, I have the same problem as a few people on here with different cubes, but I seem to have one side of my GuHong come loose almost right away while solving. I have seen Pestvic's video on 'Locktite', and Vaseline etc, but I dont wanna ruin my cube with Vaseline, and I dont think we can get Locktite here in little old New Zealand, so a little help would be much appreciated :eek: :eek:

daniel0731ex

dab some superglue on the inside of the screwhole. Wait until it drys and put the screw back in.

buelercuber

WCA
2009BUEL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys, I have the same problem as a few people on here with different cubes, but I seem to have one side of my GuHong come loose almost right away while solving. I have seen Pestvic's video on 'Locktite', and Vaseline etc, but I dont wanna ruin my cube with Vaseline, and I dont think we can get Locktite here in little old New Zealand, so a little help would be much appreciated :eek: :eek:

or get a type a core.

but what the other guys said is probably faster.

penfold1992

get a matchstick and cut the end off of it then shave it down to fit the whole and screw into the matchstick. make sure you cut the ends off the matchstick when you have the screw part the way in.. then it wont splinter inside the core from turning

cuberkid10

WCA
2010HULL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Cube4you and hardware. DONT PUT INTO GUHONG!! The screws are a tad shorter, so if you loosen them too much, the screw will fly out. Mines on a super tight tension right now. Otherwise, the whole top layer will go flying.

Cube4you and hardware. DONT PUT INTO GUHONG!! The screws are a tad shorter, so if you loosen them too much, the screw will fly out. Mines on a super tight tension right now. Otherwise, the whole top layer will go flying.

Then how about C4U Core, but GuHong Hardware?

dillonbladez

WCA
2010CHAN03
YouTube
Visit Channel

Then how about C4U Core, but GuHong Hardware?

Sounds okay.

Are the Type C hardwares the same as GuHong's? But really, Maru hardwares is the way to go :)

I've had problems with my type C core, It's just like the GuHong problem. Too bad i'm out of cores... :(