• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cuthberts Open 2015 - 26th/27th September (UK)

BillyRain

Premium Member
WCA
2012JEFF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
5BLD, MBLD and FMC are not held at Cuthberts because we have no control over noise levels at it is a public venue. People compete in 3BLD and 4BLD at their own risk and it's highly unlikely extra solves would ever be given unless the distraction was made by another competitor. Also we like to keep things going at a nice pace. Be a bit boring for the public if we were all sitting there doing FMC like it's some exam, and at the end of the day a part of the events purpose is to promote cubing and push people down to Cuthberts to support our sponsor.

Also, the UKCA have bought in an events staggering system so I had to make my event choices based on that.

It's impossible to please everyone.

thelunarbros

WCA
2015TEJA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
5BLD, MBLD and FMC are not held at Cuthberts because we have no control over noise levels at it is a public venue.

makes alot of sense actually, i have no idea how ollie pulled off the 4BLD wr last year in the galleria.

skewb is pretty popular among cubers especially in the uk though, could we not fit it into the schedule or is it just a nah event?

also yeeee another comp that is like 3 minutes away from me

BillyRain

Premium Member
WCA
2012JEFF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
skewb is pretty popular among cubers especially in the uk though, could we not fit it into the schedule or is it just a nah event?

Every single competition this year and beyond has had skewb. The staggering system meant that I had to hold SQ-1, Feet and Mega. One comp without skewb won't hurt.

Last edited:

thelunarbros

WCA
2015TEJA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Every single competition this year and beyond has had skewb. The staggering system meant that I had to hold SQ-1, Feet and Mega. One comp without skewb won't hurt.

Heh, I guess so. Never got myself to like skewb anyway :p

also "First Floor, Outside HMV" I remember when HMV used to exist at the Galleria

BillyRain

Premium Member
WCA
2012JEFF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
also "First Floor, Outside HMV" I remember when HMV used to exist at the Galleria

Lol yeah, last years info was used as we needed to announce asap. Details will become more accurate over the next week or so.

Does registration open on the 17th August or 17th September? I assume August but the email says September, so you might wanna change that.

When you say email, do you mean UKCA email?

http://www.ukca.org/competitions/upcoming-competitions/cuthberts-open-2015/registration

Seems correct on UKCA site.

thelunarbros

WCA
2015TEJA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Lol yeah, last years info was used as we needed to announce asap. Details will become more accurate over the next week or so.

So I assume it's gonna be held in the same place as last year? Not that it matters, I know my way around the Galleria like the back of my hand, so I could find it if it's anywhere different.