• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

CubingUSA Regional Championships

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
How does the Great Lakes Championship not have feet? I only average about 2:00 on feet, which I'm sure wouldn't be good enough to win anything even if I could go (which I can't) but that's a very disappointing omission.

Edit: I just checked and there are no competitions holding feet scheduled in the Great Lakes region. The closest scheduled comps offering feet are the Heartland and SE Champs. I'm tempted to try setting up a feet-only (or at least mostly feet) comp so people can get nationals qualifying times, but realistically I'm close enough to Minneapolis (3 1/2 hours drive) that anybody who could come here could go there, and turnout for the comp here last week was poor enough that it's probably not worth it.

Last edited:

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
How does the Great Lakes Championship not have feet? I only average about 2:00 on feet, which I'm sure wouldn't be good enough to win anything even if I could go (which I can't) but that's a very disappointing omission.

I was really disappointed when I saw that they didn't have it either. Especially since feet is the only event that I have a chance at podiuming in, since people are really fast at megaminx.
I'm really hoping that the organizers have a legitimate reason for not including the event.

But I've mostly become resigned to the fact that people just don't like it.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01

Jaysammey777

WCA
2010AMBR01
YouTube
Visit Channel

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Does anybody know when the Northwest Championships will be announced?
From what I have heard on the regionals thus far, all the the remaining one that have not been announced will most likely be announced by this weekend (March 9-11). I am not positive if that remains true for all of the competitions, but that was the last I heard on them.

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
Kit told me the other day that NW Champs are going to be held around the same time, same venue in Portland and same schedule iirc, so if you can go to Portland in late June-early julyish, then you should be good.