• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

CubingUSA Nationals 2017 - Fort Wayne, Indiana (July 7-9)

ToastyKen

WCA
2012LUKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
CubingUSA Nationals 2017 (formerly known as US Nationals) will take place in Fort Wayne, IN, from July 7-9, 2017.

Details on the event page:
https://www.cubingusa.com/nationals2017/

Registration will open on January 8, 2017, until June 1, 2017 or when we reach an 800-competitor limit, whichever comes first. If we reach the competitor limit, we will open a waiting list.

We will have qualifying times in all events. You may only register for events in which you have already qualified, but you will have until May 8 to qualify, and you may add events that you newly qualify for if you have already registered.
Qualification details:
https://www.cubingusa.com/nationals2017/qualifying.php

Our Facebook page will be the most up-to-date place to follow any additional announcements:
https://www.facebook.com/CubingUSA/

Last edited:

ender9994

WCA
2008GROM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I really hope upcoming competitions change their cut offs to be in line with the qualification times

For example, it would be frustrating if someone failed to get a 4x4 avg at a competition because they didn't get below a 1:15 so they only got (2)solves

AlexMaass

WCA
2011MAAS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
IMO this is not fair for everyone, not everyone in the US is lucky enough to have comps in their area with the events they want to qualify in, the increased effort to hold more side events will reduce this ofc, but it won't totally make it fair across all regions, it's sad we have to sacrifice one of the goals of the WCA (fairness) to accommodate bigger competitions

why not include singles too with cutoffs, what if someone got barely above 2 minutes in megaminx, but didn't make the soft cutoff and didn't get an average (lets say the soft cutoff was 1:45 or 2:00), and I know of someone who got a 10.47 clock single but DNF avg, she has a 7.444 ao12 unofficially, is it fair that we shouldn't let this person compete even though they could even go and podium?

WACWCA

WCA
2012CALL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
QUALIFYING TIMES FOR EVERYTHING????
this is the end of the nice speed cubing community we have this isnt good
How would this be the end? Nats is getting out of hand with the amount of people we are accepting, and to accept more people with the same events we need to have some limits. These cutoffs are far from unreasonable.

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm planning on going to the World Championships next year but if there's qualifying times then it may not be worth it.

There's some qualifying for the UK Championships starting today but nothing that affects me .

Ordway Persyn

WCA
2016PERS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I can understand the reasoning for this. but it dissapoints me as my plan to go to nationals was to compete in events that are normally not held (like 4bld and such) and there is no feet to which is disappointing as well. as much as I would love to go to bigger in Texas and nationals, it has took away one of my biggest Incentives to go.
Maybe I'll see if If there will be another comp with all events that I could go to (I remember that Michigan holds comps like these and some relatives live there too).