• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubing Would You Rather

Ghost Cuber

WCA
2015WINT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is going to be similar to the make assumptions about the next person thread. You will answer the cubing-related would you rather question posted by the previous user, then ask your own question.
I'll start.
Would you rather get a World Record (single or average, event of your choice) at a small, local comp, or win Worlds with a mediocre average?

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
Small 3x3 pop, it's easier to fix.

Would you rather only use an original Rubik's 3x3 (you can still do other events), or only compete in 2x2?

Easy: rubik's 3x3. Bigger cubes are better anyway. I would gladly give up 3x3 if I had to pick between 3x3 and big cubes.

Would you rather average 9 seconds on 3x3 but never be able to make more than minimum wage, or average 30 seconds on 3x3, no improvement possible, and be guaranteed a salary of at least $80,000/year for the rest of your life?

Ghost Cuber

WCA
2015WINT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Easy: rubik's 3x3. Bigger cubes are better anyway. I would gladly give up 3x3 if I had to pick between 3x3 and big cubes.

Would you rather average 9 seconds on 3x3 but never be able to make more than minimum wage, or average 30 seconds on 3x3, no improvement possible, and be guaranteed a salary of at least $80,000/year for the rest of your life?
I would take the salary because I really don't care about 3x3 anyway.
Would you rather not solve 3x3 for a month or only do 3x3 for a month?

Last edited:

Ordway Persyn

WCA
2016PERS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would take the salary because I really don't care about 3x3 anyway.
Would you rather not solve 3x3 for a month or only do 3x3 for a month?
Not solve 3x3, It would be an excuse to put more practice to other events (and I'd assume other 3x3 event's aren't affected)

would you rather Pyraminx, or Pizza (It's getting to late for me to actually think of decent questions)

AMCuber

Not be able to solve 5x5. Would you either have a main of a MF3RS or a KungFu LongYuan

Ghost Cuber

WCA
2015WINT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
10 cubes and go to comps. I would keep: X-Man Bell, Cubicle XingHen M, DIY GTS2 M, X-Man Wingy, MoYu Mini AoSu, YuXin 5x5, Original MoYu Pyraminx, Handmade Ghost Cube, 5x5x3, and get the 50 mm Cubing Classroom 3x3.

Would you rather do an official average with a Maru Nano Cube or HeShu Super Big 18 cm 3x3?

10 cubes and go to comps. I would keep: X-Man Bell, Cubicle XingHen M, DIY GTS2 M, X-Man Wingy, MoYu Mini AoSu, YuXin 5x5, Original MoYu Pyraminx, Handmade Ghost Cube, 5x5x3, and get the 50 mm Cubing Classroom 3x3.

Would you rather do an official average with a Maru Nano Cube or HeShu Super Big 18 cm 3x3?
JRcubers Heshu.

Would you rather be 4 secs in 2x2, 14 secs in 3x3, 55 secs in 4x4, etc. in all the events (basically not fast but not slow) or be a pro in 4 events?