• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubing Videos: Real or Fake

AlgoCuber

I know when things are real or sped up. Brian Sun is not sped up although he is extremely fast, you can tell. You can tell that people like Cube for Speed speed up their footage, it just doesn't feel natural. Everything just feels... so choppy and fast, even a little smooth (If that makes sense). Although I do like their alg videos for instance, speeding up footage is not okay. I bet Cube for speed is actually only a sub 20 cuber or something.

I know when things are real or sped up. Brian Sun is not sped up although he is extremely fast, you can tell. You can tell that people like Cube for Speed speed up their footage, it just doesn't feel natural. Everything just feels... so choppy and fast, even a little smooth (If that makes sense). Although I do like their alg videos for instance, speeding up footage is not okay. I bet Cube for speed is actually only a sub 20 cuber or something.
Yeah. And there's actually nothing wrong with being only sub-20, you can average that speed and still be extremely knowledgable about cubing. I wish they'd just be honest.

AlgoCuber

Yeah. And there's actually nothing wrong with being only sub-20, you can average that speed and still be extremely knowledgable about cubing. I wish they'd just be honest.
True, I am only averaging around 25 seconds, but it's fine. Cubing is just a hobby and you do it for fun, not everything is about fast times and showing off you speed or your cubes.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
ok tell me what you think of this footage, which is choppy only because of lower fps

(obviously Ciarán is legit)

AlgoCuber

ok tell me what you think of this footage, which is choppy only because of lower fps

(obviously Ciarán is legit)
That looks 100% real. I mean, Cube for Speed's framerate is high, and his turning is just super unnatural. Besides, even when he is reacting or stopping or starting the timer you can see. Like seriously, I never said anything about choppy footage. What are you talking about.

AlgoCuber

Just look at the scramble. Very sus ngl. Like, why do you have literal CLL done at the top with a 3 bar. Probably a setup for xxx-cross. Also the scramble is less than 20 moves, I went through it frame by frame. I want to point out that it is his very first solve of the session, but he supposedly had a solve right before that. And then he didn't even go to the next scramble or even use the timer. Perhaps he was practicing this scramble until he got a good time.

Last edited:

DNF_Cuber

Just look at the scramble. Very sus ngl. Like, why do you have literal CLL done at the top with a 3 bar. Probably a setup for xxx-cross. Also the scramble is less than 20 moves, I went through it frame by frame. I want to point out that it is his very first solve of the session, but he supposedly had a solve right before that. And then he didn't even go to the next scramble or even use the timer. Perhaps he was practicing this scramble until he got a good time.
when you say "casual" before a great time it is for sure fake.