• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubing Videos: Real or Fake

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
he spent a good amount of time inspecting (which isn't included in the 17 seconds), the method seems to be 3style (i'm no BLDer so please correct me if wrong), i think it probably is legit but i wouldn't be surprised to learn otherwise
0:20 to 0:38 is spent inspecting, then there is a cut, so at least 18 seconds for inspection and then 17 seconds for solve so at least 35 seconds for whole solve which is quite reasonable for a "guiness record holder"

On a long train journey, Smashin' PBs one a stop
YouTube
Visit Channel
http://instagr.am/p/CL1mF73AFwc/
This solve looked sketchy to me. Is it fake?
he solves it BLD in 17 seconds
I saw that on Twitter lol.
He seems to use M2/3 Style which is pretty sus for a "Guinness WR holder"
probs it was a easy handscramble or a set up.

(lol my dad actually fell for it xD)

The Little Master shouldn't have promoted fake solves

Last edited:

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
The guy who scrambled the cube is(was, actually) a famous sports person in India.
So, probs it was a easy handscramble or a set up.

(lol my dad actually fell for it xD)
no its real.
yea he is a retired cricket athlete

There's something suspicious about Michel Gondry's solve with his nose ...
can you give us the link
sorry4doublepost

D

Deleted member 55877

This is a suspicion I've been having for a while, but I never brought it up. It regards Cube for Speed's channel and his videos.

His alg/solve videos seem sped up to me, because he moves very choppily, yet is still fast. The speedstacks timer could possibly be hacked to run slower. Here is an example of one of his videos that I suspect is sped up.

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
This is a suspicion I've been having for a while, but I never brought it up. It regards Cube for Speed's channel and his videos.

His alg/solve videos seem sped up to me, because he moves very choppily, yet is still fast. The speedstacks timer could possibly be hacked to run slower. Here is an example of one of his videos that I suspect is sped up.

when he scrambled, it did seem a bit fishy. Also I dont really trust this guy, in one of his Gan 11 m pro videos, it seemed fake.

DNF_Cuber

Oh definitely. The stackmat thing would be easily done if he had the timer at 16.57 at the beginning and didn't run it at all.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel

you cannot handle the insane chinese man tps :p

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results

That’s for sure sped up. No doubt about it. The start of the first cube and the clapping at the end is what gave it away the most.