• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubing Timer

Skittleskp

WCA
2019PATE10
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am in the process of creating a timer made specifically for cubing. It will most likely be released in the beginning of 2020 Some features I have included are.

Calling out inspection times
Different sessions for every event so you can see what you average
Improvements to display screen
Low battery light
You can turn the timer to competition mode so that each button must be held for 3 seconds in order to prevent accidental timer resets

Please let me know your feedback. Thanks!

GAN 356 X

I am in the process of creating a timer made specifically for cubing. It will most likely be released in the beginning of 2020 Some features I have included are.

Calling out inspection times
Different sessions for every event so you can see what you average
Improvements to display screen
Low battery light
You can turn the timer to competition mode so that each button must be held for 3 seconds in order to prevent accidental timer resets

Please let me know your feedback. Thanks!
I can't wait! Will it be a downloadable desktop app or an internet one?

aerocube

pls add non-wca events to the scramble list to the timer
things like 8x8+,kilominx and other events

Skittleskp

WCA
2019PATE10
YouTube
Visit Channel
A 'ghost mode' would be an interesting addition - a light that starts flashing when your previous time is approaching, that type of thing. A metronome function for practice sessions would also be good...

I do like the idea but do you think that would be distracting if you saw you were about to hit a pb.
Metronome is a good idea.

aerocube

What are some events that should be added

8x8
kilominx
master pyraminx
redi cube
let me know if there are any more!
qqtimer supports 8x8 up until around 14x14 but it's not in wca notation
you should add curvy copter because it seems to be a popular puzzle atm
a good thing to add is average of x,where you can call up a random number (i.e ao35) and get the average
also add a mean version of that too

SM cubing

WCA
2018MACK04
holy cow this is exactly what we need. i think scrambles would be a little much however, maybe make a seperate thing for that for you to plug in if you want, same thing for the sessions for each event, ill probably follow up with a sketch when i get back from church. but great stuff otherwise