• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubing Terms Dictionary

The Blockhead

WCA
2017ANDE05
Hello all! So I was thinking that I could work with the community of the SpeedSolving Forum and beyond to possibly create a dictionary that compiles all (or at least most) cubing terms and their meanings. Obviously, I will not be able to create them all by myself, so I will need your help. If you have any definitions that you are willing to submit, then, by all means, submit them, but make sure that definition is not already posted. If you find a definition for a word that is incorrect, or it is possible to extend that definition, or that term has another meaning that is completely unrelated, then these are exceptions. I am looking for very detailed, but relatively concise definitions. You may post as many terms as you would like, and these do include the names of famous people, methods, acronyms, cubing-related companies, and anything else that you find necessary. If I find that it works, then I will add it to the dictionary. Thank you!

Last edited:

I_<3_SCS

Where do I post it? In this thread?

1. LBL = layer by layer

2. Fridrich's Method = fast mainstream LBL method

3. CFOP = Center, F2L, OLL, PLL

4. OLL = Orientation of Last Layer

5. Feliks Zemdegs = arguably the most legendary cuber ever, holding dozens of WRs over his career thus far

6. Ortega Method = a method for the 2x2 that consists of first layer, second layer, and PBL invented by Mr. Ortega

7) PBL = Permute both layers

Sent from my iPhone 8C

Jaysammey777

WCA
2010AMBR01
YouTube
Visit Channel

1. LBL = layer by layer

5. Feliks Zemdegs = arguably the most legendary cuber ever, holding dozens of WRs over his career thus far

6. Varasano Method = a method for the 2x2 that consists of first layer, second layer, and PBL invented by Jeff Varasano.

Sent from my iPhone 8C
ftfy

Ghost Cuber

WCA
2015WINT02
YouTube
Visit Channel

1. LBL = layer by layer

6. Ortega Method = a method for the 2x2 that consists of first layer, second layer, and PBL invented by Mr. Ortega

Sent from my iPhone 8C
The in CFOP stands for Cross, not Center. The Ortega correction is accurare as well.