• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubing Fundamentals

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I bet it's possible to be sub-15 with just niklas and sune.

EDIT; Holy crap, it is. 12.85, 17.39, 12.74, (20.35), (12.59) = 14.32 avg5 with niklas and sune as the only algs.

Last edited:

Lars Petrus

WCA
1982PETR01
There are no cubing pros. There are even less professional trainers.

There's a negative number of professional trainers?

Well, OK, things aren't quite that bad :D What I was thinking was that any trainers are even less professional than the elite cubers themselves, but that's not what I wrote...

The top people in this sport now are pretty much self taught teenagers. If you look at other skill based fields like sports or "the arts", people with that background can occasionally make an impact, but they're at a huge disadvantage against those who have been competently trained from a young age.

I see where you're coming from, but are we that primitive in our sport? Surely we won't get to a point where the 3x3x3 times are 1.xx in competitive scenes.

The usual consensus is that 20% under the current world record is the limit of human capability. This has consistently been proven wrong after a few years. I long ago gave up trying to predict...

We must have some form of fundamentals by now, it's just a question of what they are.

Well, of course there are important things you can learn. But the term "fundamentals" for me belong to much more settled fields. Maybe we just disagree about terminology.

miniGOINGS

EDIT; Holy crap, it is. 12.85, 17.39, 12.74, (20.35), (12.59) = 14.32 avg5 with niklas and sune as the only algs.

But you're just insane... Did you use Roux, or LBL, with Niklas and Sune?

Lars Petrus

WCA
1982PETR01

Knowing lots of LL algs only cuts down your move count, probably not by more than 10 moves on average. Or 20 at the very most if you only do Niklas and Sune. That's not much time at full speed.

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yarp. I wanted to see if it was possible so I can cite it the next time someone asks if you need to learn full OLL to be sub20. ^_^

Last edited: