• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubetastic Web Timer - with TNoodle scrambles!

Cubetastic5

YouTube
Visit Channel
This is what i was trying to show you @Cubetastic5, for some reason I can not get the link to work, so here this is instead, sorry for the hassle. View attachment 9371
I fixed it! Thanks a lot for telling me. It happened because of a small issue in the server file. I tested it again now, and it's working fine. Also note that after you click "Add" and the progress bar comes, the request has been sent to the server, and it will continue adding the solves even if you close the window, or even if you shutdown your PC.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
I fixed it! Thanks a lot for telling me. It happened because of a small issue in the server file. I tested it again now, and it's working fine. Also note that after you click "Add" and the progress bar comes, the request has been sent to the server, and it will continue adding the solves even if you close the window, or even if you shutdown your PC.
Cool and again, thank you very much for your help. Much appreciated:)

Cubetastic5

YouTube
Visit Channel
New Update!
You can now sync settings as well through an account - earlier it used to be just solves.
upload_2018-8-15_22-21-17.png
Also, I saw @Keroma12 and @AvGalen's posts in the csTimer thread, and decided to implement it. It was a nice idea which I hadn't even thought of! So you can now set reminders that will alert you during the solve.
upload_2018-8-15_22-23-1.png
The list of solves when you sign in now becomes an infinite scroll, so that speed is not compromised.
As always, any suggestions or feedback is appreciated.

Cubetastic5

YouTube
Visit Channel
I searched for cubetastic in the Google Play Store and found an app that requires "permission to everything". I don't know if it is related to your web-timer, but I immediately stopped installing that app! I will give the web-timer a go though
No - I just checked, that app has nothing at all to do with my timer. Cubetastic Timer is not available on the Play Store as of now - you can, however, use it as a PWA that behaves just like an app (with a few differences and advantages).

Cubetastic5

YouTube
Visit Channel
@FailCuber The reason for that is because all your times are stored in the cloud - that is why you can access them from any device. For your device to access the cloud, you need an internet connection. I can "fix" this by storing a cached version of your solves that would work offline (because it's now stored on your device, like the actual webpage is) but you would still not be able to upload new solves while offline, and of course real-time updates won't happen when you're offline. If really want this behaviour, tell me and I'll try to add it. However, note that you can already get a similar behaviour if you just get a temporary internet connection long enough to get your solves. Also, this temporary internet connection sometimes is capable of uploading solves you had done while offline. This "temporary internet connection" can be as short as 10 seconds - but, if you want a completely offline version that does everything normally, then you can just sign out of your account and do all the solves - the only problem will be that you can't access these offline solves from other devices.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
I am not 100% positive if this is site wide or just on my PC, but there seems to be a issue with logging in to the website. I can type my username and password in, but I can not log in, but rather the page just stays the same on the log in section. If you (@Cubetastic5) would not mind checking on that, (if it is website related) then that would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help.

Cubetastic5

YouTube
Visit Channel
I am not 100% positive if this is site wide or just on my PC, but there seems to be a issue with logging in to the website. I can type my username and password in, but I can not log in, but rather the page just stays the same on the log in section. If you (@Cubetastic5) would not mind checking on that, (if it is website related) then that would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help.
At what time did this happen? And what device and browser did you use? After clicking sign in, did the page refresh? Also - if you go back to the username text field after clicking sign in and press Ctrl, and then press sign in again, does it work? For me, it seems to be working normally atm - but it might be a browser-specific issue.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
At what time did this happen? And what device and browser did you use? After clicking sign in, did the page refresh? Also - if you go back to the username text field after clicking sign in and press Ctrl, and then press sign in again, does it work? For me, it seems to be working normally atm - but it might be a browser-specific issue.
Thank you very much for the response.
1. I am not positive when this would have started since I had the page open for a few day leading up to today, and so when I tried to log in today I noticed the issue.
2. I have tried 4 different browsers namely (FireFox, Epic Privacy, Chrome, and Explorer) all to which give the same result.
3. So here is a slightly more detailed summery of what is going on; When I click on the "username" to enter the name, I can click on it, but as I start to enter the name, the "username" words stay on the screen and do not go away (in other words I can not see if I am entering the info correctly, although I know that I am because I cut and paste it, just can not see it), and so after entering the info (O' the same thing applies for the password section as well), so after entering the info I click on the "sign in" button, but nothing happens and the screen stay the same without refreshing or anything akin, as it used to do.
4. I tried to do the 'ctrl" option that you mentioned, but to no avail.

If it is working for you then it is most likely my PC that is causing the trouble, so for know unless you notices anything on your end, I will wait and see if it works again soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to help.

Cubetastic5

YouTube
Visit Channel
@cubeshepherd thanks a lot for the detailed explanation - you said the "username" text isn't changing. That is not supposed to happen. After looking into some stuff, I realised one of the apis the site depends on has changed, and that's why you had these issues. Thanks a lot for informing me, btw. I've now fixed the issue - go to the site, do ctrl + shift + r (on most popular browsers), and try to open the menu. If it looks like this:
1535568977478.png
then you're good to go, and you should be able to sign in. However, if it does not look like that, try refreshing the page, and follow your browser's instructions for hard refresh. In any case, it should update after a lot of regular refreshes.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
@cubeshepherd thanks a lot for the detailed explanation - you said the "username" text isn't changing. That is not supposed to happen. After looking into some stuff, I realised one of the apis the site depends on has changed, and that's why you had these issues. Thanks a lot for informing me, btw. I've now fixed the issue - go to the site, do ctrl + shift + r (on most popular browsers), and try to open the menu. If it looks like this:
then you're good to go, and you should be able to sign in. However, if it does not look like that, try refreshing the page, and follow your browser's instructions for hard refresh. In any case, it should update after a lot of regular refreshes.
Thank you very much much @Cubetastic5 for the help. Everything is now working great, and as it has in the past, so again thank you for fixing the minor issue and for you help.

-Tristan

Cubetastic5

YouTube
Visit Channel
I've rolled out a few more updates, with some changes to the UI, and some important bug fixes. There was a bug regarding the displayed records when you're signed in, it has now been fixed :))

hdertgaming

YouTube
Visit Channel
I seem to be on the updated version as detailed by the picture in your spoiler and I am
getting the same problem as cubeshepherd where the text in the username field in the
login page is hidden by the placeholder. I am also having a problem where after typing in all
of my details to signup for an account pressing the signup button seemingly does nothing
after looking in the developers console I saw this error/warning message
Screenshot from 2019-01-14 15-14-59.png

Thanks

-Justin

Cubetastic5

YouTube
Visit Channel
@hdertgaming, I too noticed this issue, but this is certainly a very recent issue, and was not there 2 weeks ago. Just as a conformation, is this how the menu looks like for you? The one in that spoiler is outdated.
1547466211667.png
I'm working on this, and I'll try to fix it as soon as I can. I'll notify here once it's fixed.

hdertgaming

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks for the help I can confirm that the signup process works now

Edit:
After accepting the confirmation email and entering my username and password clicking on the login button does nothing after looking in the developers console I saw this error after everytime I clicked on the signin button
Screenshot from 2019-01-16 10-27-10.png

Thanks
-Justin

Last edited by a moderator: