• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] CubeStormer II - robot solves Rubik's Cube faster than human world record

IAssemble

YouTube
Visit Channel
My great friend, Mike Dobson and I got together to create CubeStormer II - Enjoy!

You may be interested to read about the journey that Mike and I took to arrive at CubeStormer II's record being printed in the book of Guinness World Records 2013 :)

CubeStormer II - The Power of Two

Last edited by a moderator:

Schmidt

WCA
2012SCHM07
Somebody should learn a robot to do CFOP solves, so it would be comparable to a human. (Or LBL, Petrus, Roux or any human method.)

But this is very impressive!

IAssemble

YouTube
Visit Channel
Simply amazing does it use a specific method or does it, you know, robot it? xD

Thanks.

I developed the software algorithm originally for my LEGO Speedcuber robot. It is a two-phase, table driven algorithm that can find a solution of around 21 moves optimised specifically for the mechanics of the robot in about 50-200ms of processing time on the smartphone.

This method is not suitable for humans unless you are capable of memorizing several hundred million move sequences!

Actually, maybe I should just have said "it robots it" :D

IAssemble

YouTube
Visit Channel
Somebody should learn a robot to do CFOP solves, so it would be comparable to a human. (Or LBL, Petrus, Roux or any human method.)

But this is very impressive!

By "comparable with a human" you mean mechanically comparable by forcing it to do roughly the same number of moves?

In that case, would it be allowed to exclude the "inspection time too"? :D

Thanks, I'm glad you like it :)

IAssemble

YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow that's so fast. How many motors did you use to spin a side? That is geared up a lot yet still it has a reasonable amount of torque.

There are two NXT motors rotating each arm and one opening and closing each grip. Mike carefully selected the gear ratio to balance speed and torque.

RTh

YouTube
Visit Channel
How long did it take you to build it? And after building it, how long until the first successful solve?

Last edited: