• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] CubeStormer II sets Guinness World Record for fastest robot solving a Rubik's Cube

IAssemble

YouTube
Visit Channel
Mike and I are thrilled that CubeStormer II set a Guinness World Record for the fastest robot solving a Rubik's Cube this morning in the presence of the editor-in-chief of Guinness World Records in Wired.co.uk's offices in London ;-)

Here is the full article at Wired.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:

IAssemble

YouTube
Visit Channel
Very cool! This robot really is amazing, and I'm glad to see all the attention it's getting!

Also, I love that the button that makes it start says "Go! Go! Go!" :tu :D

Maybe we should make it say "Yaa Beauty" whenever it finishes solving a cube too! :D What do you think Mike?

YouTube
Visit Channel
I still have Cubestormer(I) sat on my desk as an overgrown paperweight, We realised there was potential for a faster robot if we used the latest LEGO gear (Mindstorms NXT) which superceded the older RCX version which Cubestormer (I) is baised on. LEGO stopped producing RCX kits a few years ago. So I guess we had to move with the times. Maybe one day we will get both machines runing side by side (one scrambler , one solver) That would be cool I think :)