• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubes to build fisher/regular 3x3 hybrid

M

Malkom

i would like to "build" a 3x3/fisher hybrid. i would like to just buy 2 cubes and change up the pieces, anyone know what cubes to use?

M

Malkom

yj v1 or yj v2? someone told me the v2 and the yulong should work, another one said v2 and sulong. Does all of em work or is everyone just guessing

Felipe Rigon

WCA
2015RIGO01
The fisher v2 has a yulong core. I don't know about the pieces but I think the yulong would be the best choice.
These three cubes use the same core and has the same mechanism. The only difference is the piece split design and the plastic.

well money isnt a problem, wich cube is the best of them?
These three cubes have similar performances. I guess you'd succeed with any of them. I'd buy a guanlong because it's cheaper.

Felipe Rigon

WCA
2015RIGO01
I haven't tried any of them but as of what I heard the guanlong feels really cheap so I think at least the sulong.
That's mostly because of the plastic. The yulong and the chilong have a harder plastic, while the sulong and the guanlong have a softer plastic. But you're right, the guanlong has a cheaper feel than the sulong.