• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubers' FingerLengths

MrDemir

WCA
2013DEMI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello everyone ;

i have a interesting question today."What is your indexfinger length?" I saw ; Most of Sub10 cubers have long Fingers :) Such as Mats Valk , Kevin Hays , Seung Boem Cho etc.
if you like , you can send your indexfinger length , so it can help some cubers for choosing 50mm or 55mm or 57mm .

mine is about 8cm

Last edited:

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Left index: 7.9cm
Right index: 7.6cm

21.6cm from end of left thumb to end of left little finger.
21.8cm from end of right thumb to end of right little finger.
Interesting how my left index is longer, but I can span a greater distance with my right hand.
Or maybe it's because the only 30cm ruler I have bends and those last two measurements were inaccurate.

Last edited:

MWilson

It makes more sense to measure from the knuckle, since not only is it clear where the point to measure from is, but that is also the pivot point of the finger, giving a clear measurement of finger length. Just make your finger straight but bent at the knuckle a little bit to make it clear where the point is.

Random image from google:
attachment.php

My index finger is 9.5cm this way.

Attachments

• finger_length.jpg
    finger_length.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 172