• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

cube4you A and D type diy comparison

mikeagby

sorry for the noob question but would it be ok to use silcone lubricant on a DIY cube?

i just bought 2 type D cubes from cube4you.com and a nylon core type A. Also where could I get an old type A core?

Last edited:

PCwizCube

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
sorry for the noob question but would it be ok to use silcone lubricant on a DIY cube?

i just bought 2 type D cubes from cube4you.com and a nylon core type A. Also where could I get an old type A core?
Yes, you should lubricate your DIY cube with silicone spray to make it turn faster. You can get an old Type A core by taking the out of a Old Type A DIY cube or buy the old Type A core from here.

Last edited:

mikeagby

Yes, you should lubricate your DIY cube with silicone spray to make it turn faster. You can get an old Type A core by taking the out of a Old Type A DIY cube or buy the old Type A core from here.

Thanks. One last question the YUGA type is the same as type D cubes right?

MasakitChan

Yes they are crappy. Buy some PVC stickers from c4u or cs if you are going to order some type D's.

Rubixcubematt

YouTube
Visit Channel
just a quick question, is it better to get a type D/Yuga from cube4you or 9spuzzles. if i got it at 9s puzzles, i can include the core with it. i am also building a new core 4 one of my cubes since the other core broke.

Vulosity

YouTube
Visit Channel
isn't it better to buy fo 9spuzzles because the shipping is lower. it's like 64 yen which is less tha a dollar! the 5x5 cubes are like 175 yen which is about 2dollar!

YourClone

I personally like my A a lot better than my D. I replaced the D's core with an A core. It stills locks up like no other cube I've ever had.

DcF1337

As far as I'm concerned, white has been owning black in many ways.

Why is this an exception for Type D? o_O

Type D Pure is nice? Or sucks? Cos right now I can't get Type A core, but I'm getting Type D. I bought from a local reseller.