• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cube Flourishing

Jaysammey777

WCA
2010AMBR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey all!
So Cube flourishing is something that has never really shown up anywhere as far as I know. I was just curious if anybody has any little tricks that just look outright cool to cubers and non cubers alike. If you want a good example of flourishing look up card flourishes. But some examples That I have thought of for the cube is like spinning it on a finger or doing the dot pattern so fast that you can't see happen.
Just some cool stuff that I would like to see and possible preform If possible. Post anything that could be remotely close to what you would think a cube flourish could be.
thanks!

penguinz7

WCA
2015RAME01
On a 2x2, do R U' R so that it looks scrambled from the person in front of you. Then with your middle finger on DFR and thumb on UFR, you should be able to execute R' U R' ridiculously fast making it look like one move to solve a scrambled 2x2. I have confused many non-cubers with this. :p

Chree

WCA
2013BROT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Way back when, I saw a news story on Dan Knights and he would always spin the cube between his index finger and thumb. I've been doing that ever since. In fact if anyone knows what video I'm talking about and have a link, that would be awesome.

Sometimes people get freaked out when all I did was like... any OLL and then its inverse. People love a good 1LLL.

Edit: Bam.
http://youtu.be/gL-JDuVbc-I
Cube spin at 1:40 and again at about 2:55.

Last edited:

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
On a 2x2, do R U' R so that it looks scrambled from the person in front of you. Then with your middle finger on DFR and thumb on UFR, you should be able to execute R' U R' ridiculously fast making it look like one move to solve a scrambled 2x2. I have confused many non-cubers with this. :p
I used to do this. If they think you've set it up, do it, then a T perm, then a J perm, and to them it looks like you've done about 30 random moves, and they usually believe that it's a completely random scramble.