• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cube Collectors Club

ender9994

WCA
2008GROM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I wouldn't consider myself a huge cube collector seeing as I only have around 40 cubes, but I do think my wca/non-wca cube ratio is more similar to that of a collector. Two of my coolest cubes though, are just random things that family members had lying around. They are an original Meffert's pyra and what I think is a Hungarian Supernova megaminx. Also not trying to self promo but my most recent yt video is a showcase of all of my cubes.

Good video!

I wasn't aware that there were any original Hungarian supernovas that were tiled. It does look a lot like a generic megaminx from china I owned back in the day though (not saying that is what yours is that though). I think they might have re-released the supernova at some point.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
According to RPKVids there are many puzzles on taobao / aliexpress that are nowhere online in English sites. My parent's friend lives in China and I have asked them to buy some rare puzzles, since it's now impossible to buy them with a US account (I tried). Maybe Superbuy can help others but trade restrictions currently are ridiculous (I don't think the taobao issue existed 3 years ago)

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I though aliexpress shipped to the U.S.? You got my attention with puzzles that might not be available at other websites.
To clarify: both do, but taobao currently won't even let you login. Well it won't let me login, even though I don't think I've bought anything.
Here is the message: 非常抱歉!您的账户存在严重违规情况,已作“冻结”账户处理。详细请参见这里 Google translate: very sorry! Your account has serious violations and has been processed as a "frozen" account. See here for details.
And of course the "here" link doesn't give any details.
I created a new account and it seems like it may work...
I thought it was common knowledge that chinese sites have a lot more old and rare puzzles than English speaking sites. Even stuff that was never released to the West. I would keep it a secret but it's not even really a secret. Just don't buy anything before I get to it :p

Kaiju_cube

oh, cool thread!! I'll have to bookmark it so I can read all the posts tomorrow.

Here's a couple pics of my collection so far..

20210418_173612.jpg

20210418_173709.jpg

I've picked up most of the ones I wanted (so far), but it seems like I always come across something new or interesting. I still want an original vintage Rubiks in the packaging and a Hungarian Magic Cube.

And I still want bigger cubes, 13x13 to 15x15 or 17x17.

19x19 would be cool but the price for one is mind blowing.

Kaiju_cube

couple new ones..

1619144280273.png

1619144327308.png

also got a Yuxin tiled magnetic. A little stiff at first but it's loosening up with Cubiclelabs Silk and a lot of solves. And I have a translucent Yuxin tiled magnetic on the way but it's coming from China so... that's going to take a while. Pretty nice though. I always like when I find a tiled cube. I have Rubiks and Gan tiled but not magnetic. Though I have a Rubiks Speed that's tiled and magnetic that's actually pretty nice, but I like the brighter colors of the Yuxin better. It's not a great speedcube as it's not fast, but it's a nice cube.

Kaiju_cube

Yuxin kylin v2 3x3 magnetic. One black with tiles, one translucent with tiles.

1619195624015.png

1619195651375.png

the black one arrived right away but the clear one is shipping from China.

ender9994

WCA
2008GROM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is this a real trustful shop? The only possible payment method seems to be Western Union Money Transfer.

I have not purchased anything from Cube4You in about 3+ years, so I can not offer any guarantees. Perhaps try messaging James Li through email/facebook and see if he would be okay taking Paypal instead as a special order.

Last edited:

Mr. McCubing

YouTube
Visit Channel
couple new ones..

View attachment 15496

View attachment 15497

also got a Yuxin tiled magnetic. A little stiff at first but it's loosening up with Cubiclelabs Silk and a lot of solves. And I have a translucent Yuxin tiled magnetic on the way but it's coming from China so... that's going to take a while. Pretty nice though. I always like when I find a tiled cube. I have Rubiks and Gan tiled but not magnetic. Though I have a Rubiks Speed that's tiled and magnetic that's actually pretty nice, but I like the brighter colors of the Yuxin better. It's not a great speedcube as it's not fast, but it's a nice cube.
i got the first one from a local collector shop in michigan. ive never seen the movie but i still just had to get it

Kaiju_cube

It's not a bad cube, for a portal to Hell. :D

I've got a few more new cubes, most notably a V Cube 8 which turns really well, just like the 3, 4, 6, .. it's funny that the 5 and 7 barely turn and it makes me wonder if the internals on the odd number cubes are different. I ordered the 2x2 just to finish the set, not sure I'll get the 9x9 since 'oddnumber'. I really like the V cubes because of the size and 'solid' feeling. I Love my big Moyu cubes but they feel more fragile and the center cubies are so tiny. The turning is really nice on them though,.. reminds me of air-hockey, like they just glide against each other.

I picked up more Shengshou cubes up to 10x10,.. which is really large but fun. I really like the stickered Shengshou cubes a lot. So now I have stickered Shengshou from 3x3 to 10x10. I keep them on my desk and have been playing with them constantly. I really, really like the Shengshou big cubes, they just feel durable and solid. Not as solid as V Cube,.. but solid.

Still waiting on the translucent Yuxin,.. been about a month since I ordered it on Amazon. Kind of annoying that they let you know after you bought it that it's shipping from China.

Lately I've been looking for a pillowed Yuxin 3x3 I saw online, but it came out years ago and I'm not finding it. The only pillowed 3x3 I have is the V Cube and the GoCube,.. and the GoCube (imo) is not a very good cube. The center pieces get stuck and the edges and corners try to rotate around them instead of the center piece rotating with them as they should.

Last edited:

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I could never get into big cubes because I don't have the patience... but I do want to get one big cube like a 10x10 just to have it in a collection someday.

Kaiju_cube

they're a lot of fun. I like doing them while I'm watching a movie or something. Or when I'm working, I'll do a couple pieces then put it down for a while.

Up to 7x7 and maybe 8x8 I've done without stopping. But 10x10 and up I usually take breaks. Maybe do one center and then take a break. Like the 12x12 just one center is 100 pieces, so I'll do a center and take a break and come back to it later.

Once I start on edges I usually either do all whites (take a break) then yellow (take a break) then finish it.

I'm not sure I could sit there and do a 12x12 start to finish without stopping. Plus I have kids and things to take care of that take my time away from cubing.

They're fun though. Big cubes are definitely fun. It sneaks up on you because you can do 3x3, 4x4 and 5x5 quickly. And once you can do those three cubes it's like, "well now I want to try 6x6,.. and 7x7 ... and..."

next thing you know you have a big 10x10 on your desk :D