• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cube Collectors Club

Findnf

WCA
2022HOGA01
The era in which we are talking about using these alternative lubes could have very well been before you were born. No rant needed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately my moyu 15x15 is in pieces right now so it's not visible but this is my current cube display. My oold school cubes are at the top of my main shelf and on this secondary shelf with things i don't solve anymore, old shengshou puzzles, Eastsheen 2x2 (it should be displayed with the purple side out!), my V-Cube 7, etc.

View attachment 14366View attachment 14367
How do you get so many puzzles i have like 10 :(

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Apparently, though I don't think it was sold widely because I've never heard of anyone owning one outside of that video. Anyway when I started cubing, I think V cubes were already better (?) Then Shengshou made big cubes and there was the Wittwo and Eastsheen was long gone.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you think it's worth doing an unboxing video for every puzzle I get? I feel like I appreciate a puzzle more and get more out of it if I dedicate a video to it, if that makes sense.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
sometimes you find really bizarre things on ebay

Want to buy a dayan 2x2 for 30 thousand dollars?

Also some kind of white Japanese blind cube
I would get it just to see what it is if it wasn't $50

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
sometimes you find really bizarre things on ebay

Want to buy a dayan 2x2 for 30 thousand dollars?

Also some kind of white Japanese blind cube
I would get it just to see what it is if it wasn't $50

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg
Free shipping though, it’s a steal.

The fuzzy textured one seems kinda cool. It would be fun to solve blindfolded like the YJ blindfolded textured cube...but yes the price is pretty excessive.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
The fuzzy textured one seems kinda cool. It would be fun to solve blindfolded like the YJ blindfolded textured cube...but yes the price is pretty excessive.
I can kinda excuse the price because it is being shipped internationally.

I could make my own trashy one with fabrics from Jo-Ann that might be fun and better than the YJ cube

2018AMSB02

Premium Member
WCA
2018AMSB02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would consider myself a collector - in my personal collection I have ~230 cubes. I don’t really collect old puzzles but I love collecting budget - middle range cubes, especially 3x3s, and non wca. I have about 60-70 3x3 cubes, most of them are just middle range cubes that I love to collect and compare. As of now I have my eye on a tuttminx as they are getting rare

Edit: I am very proud of my display and organization of cubes, I will post a photo when I get home

Sorry for the double post! I got home and took some photos:
b1637ddd16fe7f5cb4fbbb24698378d2.jpg

f3caa5be10c980d0af526c45a525060b.jpg

I have 228 cubes, 26 screwdrivers, 4 timers (QJ, QiYi, YJ, Speerstacks), 37 stands, 25 bottles of lube, 26 free spinners from the cubicle, 2 Rubik’s cube ottomans, a speed stacks display, the Gan robot, and 4 cube related poster-type things
Wait... That's the same cube seat Z3Cubing has!

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry for the double post! I got home and took some photos:
b1637ddd16fe7f5cb4fbbb24698378d2.jpg

f3caa5be10c980d0af526c45a525060b.jpg

I have 228 cubes, 26 screwdrivers, 4 timers (QJ, QiYi, YJ, Speerstacks), 37 stands, 25 bottles of lube, 26 free spinners from the cubicle, 2 Rubik’s cube ottomans, a speed stacks display, the Gan robot, and 4 cube related poster-type things
How long have you been working on the 17x17?

2018AMSB02

Premium Member
WCA
2018AMSB02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wait... That's the same cube seat Z3Cubing has!
I found one at a garage sale and later a relative found one and gave it to me as well, so I have two of them now lol. Every face is the same so there are 6 blue centers and several red-red edges
How long have you been working on the 17x17?
I have done 4 solves on it and I took a break in the middle of my fifth when a piece broke, I got the replacement part and am going to finish it soon. Hoping for sub-5 hour time

Last edited:

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I wouldn't consider myself a huge cube collector seeing as I only have around 40 cubes, but I do think my wca/non-wca cube ratio is more similar to that of a collector. Two of my coolest cubes though, are just random things that family members had lying around. They are an original Meffert's pyra and what I think is a Hungarian Supernova megaminx. Also not trying to self promo but my most recent yt video is a showcase of all of my cubes.