• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cube Collectors Club

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
please read this cause i dont want to rant about WD-40 as lube for cubing. https://www.reddit.com/r/Cubers/comments/8fv43a
The era in which we are talking about using these alternative lubes could have very well been before you were born. No rant needed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The lack of collection pictures in the thread is depressing. I love seeing how people arrange their shelves.
Unfortunately my moyu 15x15 is in pieces right now so it's not visible but this is my current cube display. My oold school cubes are at the top of my main shelf and on this secondary shelf with things i don't solve anymore, old shengshou puzzles, Eastsheen 2x2 (it should be displayed with the purple side out!), my V-Cube 7, etc.

image1 (3).jpegimage0 (16).jpeg

Last edited:

ender9994

WCA
2008GROM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Got around to re-organizing my living room shelves. Had a hard time deciding what to display. Because its the living room, I wanted to put rare/expensive puzzles on display. However, because its the living room and anyone coming over will be able to play with them, I went with a variety of more common puzzles instead.
Shelf01.jpgShelf02.jpg

Unfortunately my moyu 15x15 is in pieces right now so it's not visible but this is my current cube display. My oold school cubes are at the top of my main shelf and on this secondary shelf with things i don't solve anymore, old shengshou puzzles, Eastsheen 2x2 (it should be displayed with the purple side out!), my V-Cube 7, etc.

Looks great to me!

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
The era in which we are talking about using these alternative lubes could have very well been before you were born. No rant needed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 14366View attachment 14367

I see you are at the stage when your bookshelves are still used for books :p

Got around to re-organizing my living room shelves. Had a hard time deciding what to display. Because its the living room, I wanted to put rare/expensive puzzles on display. However, because its the living room and anyone coming over will be able to play with them, I went with a variety of more common puzzles instead.
View attachment 14397View attachment 14398

Looks great to me!

You are significantly more organized than I am! Here are most of my puzzles scattered about. I have one mini shelf which is on top of a piano. I also have some old puzzles I bought from someone in a box and puzzles around the house not shown.

Attachments

• PXL_20210101_103850187.jpg
    PXL_20210101_103850187.jpg
    462.9 KB · Views: 22
  • PXL_20210101_103746110.jpg
    PXL_20210101_103746110.jpg
    611.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I see you are at the stage when your bookshelves are still used for books :p

You are significantly more organized than I am! Here are most of my puzzles scattered about. I have one mini shelf which is on top of a piano. I also have some old puzzles I bought from someone in a box and puzzles around the house not shown.
In have so many books and technical references at home due to Covid and my work from home setup it’s scary. I am constantly moving books off my shelf to make room for more cubes however!

What is the cube in the far left of the first photo with white plastic but a black outline on the stickers with the “f/s” logo? I think it looks great!

DNF_Cuber

In have so many books and technical references at home due to Covid and my work from home setup it’s scary. I am constantly moving books off my shelf to make room for more cubes however!

What is the cube in the far left of the first photo with white plastic but a black outline on the stickers with the “f/s” logo? I think it looks great!
I believe the logo would suggest a fangshi, so maybe a shuangren or something.

Reactions: qwr

ender9994

WCA
2008GROM01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Screenshot_20210106-182341_Chrome.jpg

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Yep it's a fangshi shuangren with primary internals and black caps. I love the way it looks, ever since I saw the JRCuber and CBC videos on it. I'm a little sad more cube manufacturers aren't trying crazy unique looking cubes like this nowadays. The internals with the corner holes look very unique too. I highly recommend it for a collection because you can still buy it and it's really one of the most unique speedcubes ever made.

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yep it's a fangshi shuangren with primary internals and black caps. I love the way it looks, ever since I saw the JRCuber and CBC videos on it. I'm a little sad more cube manufacturers aren't trying crazy unique looking cubes like this nowadays. The internals with the corner holes look very unique too. I highly recommend it for a collection because you can still buy it and it's really one of the most unique speedcubes ever made.
I’m gonna have to do some more hunting around for one. Not finding one like yours available on the first few sites I checked. International we go!

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I’m gonna have to do some more hunting around for one. Not finding one like yours available on the first few sites I checked. International we go!
I got mine from hknowstore. don't order from cubezz because they got my order wrong. I have a whole thread on that.

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I got mine from hknowstore. don't order from cubezz because they got my order wrong. I have a whole thread on that.
Is yours the "White Color with Black Caps"? The one in your photo seems to have a much more pronounced white outline around all the pieces. Do you recall if you'rs is an original or v2?

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Is yours the "White Color with Black Caps"? The one in your photo seems to have a much more pronounced white outline around all the pieces. Do you recall if you'rs is an original or v2?

mine was 54.6mm primary plastic and black caps which appears out of stock now. however I suppose you could buy two cubes and mix any color because the caps are interchangeable. or if you really wanted that color combination maybe ask calvin to send a custom order - he's pretty reasonable
edit: 1000th post

Last edited:

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I thought about organizing my puzzles into a spreadsheet so I don't forget the details. It always saddens me when I watch a cube collection video and the person can't even remember what cube they have or where they got it.

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I thought about organizing my puzzles into a spreadsheet so I don't forget the details. It always saddens me when I watch a cube collection video and the person can't even remember what cube they have or where they got it.
You should do it. I had an inventory years ago ago for a bunch of my college era cubes and one day in an act of stupidity I deleted the sheet. Now as you said I now have a few cubes on the shelf I can't 100% identify and that bothers me.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
You should do it. I had an inventory years ago ago for a bunch of my college era cubes and one day in an act of stupidity I deleted the sheet. Now as you said I now have a few cubes on the shelf I can't 100% identify and that bothers me.
you can try posting them in the cube identification thread. I guess

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I just bought a TomZ constrained cube ultimate and this puzzle is really fun. I'll put up an unboxing soon. I figured it out without writing down any algorithms (I came up with a RUL U perm at the end) and it's actually taught me a bit about alternate f2l inserts. I highly recommend this puzzle (ant the other 90 degree and 180 degree variants) to anyone interested in 3x3 theory too.