• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cross on bottom question.

How many of you actually solve it on the bottom, and how many start with it on top and flip the cube as part of your last edge placement?

PCwizCube

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I solve the cross on the bottom, and I find it helpful. I have no problem doing it on the bottom, and it's not really taht hard. If you turn the cube upside down, you have to look for about 2 seconds for your first F2L pair, corner, and if you want to be really fast, 2 seconds can be time consuming. Doing the cross on the bottom also allows more U face turns, and gives you a better view of all the cross edge pieces.

Last edited:

Harry

Yap me too but aactually, at first, I do the cross on top then flip the cube....

However, that one waste the precious time. With cross in bottom, I find it easier to find the edges to make F2L

bundat

I do the cross on bottom.
I saw one vid of Erik though (IIRC), where he did the 3 cross edge pieces on top, and had one cross edge piece on the bottom, then a single r2, and bam! instant bottom cross.
Top assembled cross instantly went to the bottom without any awkward x2 or z2 rotations.

joey

WCA
2007GOUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would just like to point out that Jean Pons and Erik Akkersdijk solve with cross on top and then flip the cube over. So it *can* be fast.

jonny guitar

Cool, I thought I was freak doing the cross on top and then flipping!!! I have tried to do it on the bottom but I just can't seem to see it nearly as well as on the top. I was feeling really guilty for not switching to the bottom but now I can rest easy that I am not alone:)

jonny guitar

I do the cross on bottom.
I saw one vid of Erik though (IIRC), where he did the 3 cross edge pieces on top, and had one cross edge piece on the bottom, then a single r2, and bam! instant bottom cross.
Top assembled cross instantly went to the bottom without any awkward x2 or z2 rotations.

Interesting.....I am gonna try this. I have always rotated the whole cube but this could be faster when taking into account the single peice on the bottom was probably put there very easily during one of the other insertions.

PCwizCube

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Last edited: