• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Country not in WCA

ahmedkl

I am from Pakistan and i can't see it on the ranking board of WCA . I think it's not registered . So is there any way to get it registered and maybe organize a cubing competition ? Can anyone help me out with this.

Thanks

freshcuber

WCA
2011MURR02
To get it into the WCA you jus have to register and compete in a comp with Pakistan as you nation. Organizing a comp is no small task from what I've heard and it's much harder innplaces where the community is small. You could be the one to kick start cubing in the region and that'd be awesome but it will take work. Try finding out who the WCA delegate would be and talk to them about what it would take.

ahmedkl

I remember i mailed on the mentioned email addresses on the WCA website but sadly no one replied. Is there anyone from WCA on speedsolving?

r_517

Premium Member
WCA
2009WANG19
since there's neither delegates nor a cubing society (imo) in Pakistan currently, it would be hard to organise a competition in your country. (If there IS a cubing society then you can have a discussion on how to cover the costs for a comp and find a delegate near your country) otherwise you may have to go to another country who has a competition.

ahmedkl

Well it's true that there is no cubing society . But if i want to start one , do i need to get it recognized or something?or just start it? A facebook page will be easy to find other people here too..

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Usually it is the case that you must meet another delegate before you could become a delegate yourself. To do this you will have to attend another competition. However you must gain the trust of the delegate before that delegate would propose you for delegacy yourself.

maggot

there are competitions that happen in india. im sure its a really long trip for you, but that would be the closest location? correct me if im wrong?

ahmedkl

haha going to some other country is difficult for me cause of my education , but i will wait for some better opening :(

TiLiMayor

WCA
2011VARG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You first run a couple of competitions and get people interested by doing some showcases in schools/universities to build community around speedcubing before thinking about an official comp as early as you can.
We Colombians held our first unoff. comp about 10 months ago, and 4 or so months ago another, now we are just waiting for march, as we have a delegate coming to make official the upcoming comp.

ahmedkl

You first run a couple of competitions and get people interested by doing some showcases in schools/universities to build community around speedcubing before thinking about an official comp as early as you can.
We Colombians held our first unoff. comp about 10 months ago, and 4 or so months ago another, now we are just waiting for march, as we have a delegate coming to make official the upcoming comp.

how many people participated in the 1st competition ?

sam119

hi ahmed..
we are trying to arrange a small speed cubing competition in our university..
if you are from karachi, i will let you know about that..
thanks..
may be then we can further take this thing