• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Coming Out

megaminxwin

Current Clock NR Holder
WCA
2010MACA01
Welp. Here goes.

Hi everyone. You may have known me as a boy named Tom for 18, nearly 19 years. Quite a few, thinking about it.

Well, turns out that was a lie.

I'm not a guy. I'm a girl. Tamara. (ta-MAH-ra)

From now on, I'd like you to use she/her pronouns when referring to me. That would make me much happier.

Obviously this will come as a shock to a lot of people, I can't say I blame you. However, I hope that you'll still accept me for who I am, despite this change.

Thanks everyone. <3

- Tamara

7bB8fha.jpg

Johnny

Clarksville, Arkansas / Minneapolis, Minnesota
YouTube
Visit Channel
The fact that you're a woman doesn't bother me. I don't care about what label people used to describe you in the past, what matters is what you know about yourself.

I think it's awesome that you had the courage to come out publicly (I can definitely relate). I hope that some day coming out won't be a scary process.

Sa967St

Not A Moderator
WCA
2007STRO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Awesome! WCA gender change?
The regulations say nothing about this (or I missed it); it would be nice to add something similar to what we have for nationality changes, I think (2e2).
The Regulations don't mention this, but you can ask a Delegate to change the personal information on your WCA profile, including your name, birthdate, gender, and country.

WCA
2015LLOY02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Very cool. I've always thought Tamara is a nice name, good choice!

The Regulations don't mention this, but you can ask a Delegate to change the personal information on your WCA profile, including your name, birthdate, gender, and country.

Birthdate? Does that mean I can change my date of birth to being in 1895, so I can be considered the official oldest cuber? Move over you lil' whippersnappers, One-hundered-and-twenty year man coming through!