• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Clarification of MARU lube and the silicone that beats all exsisting silicone.

TK 421

YouTube
Visit Channel
I heard a LOT of complaints from cubers that their MARU lube (you can get all MARU products at www.marucube.com), so this is what it does.

-MARU's very own 2x2 to 4x4 is horrible from the start, but when it receives the lube it becomes very light and speedy. It is NOT recommended to light cubes (GuHong, Sky Cube, Joycube etc.) but is is recommended that you use it in very heavy cubes (EDISON 2008, A-1 etc.)

The silicon i told you about is PenRay. The lube if you use it, work it in quickly (will become sticky if not, the solution is to spray it again), the chemical of the spray not so hard like Jig-A-Loo but it still melts weak plastic.

3416SiliconeSpray_1.jpg

www.penray.com

skeevs

Wrecked my colored guhong plastic when I accidently sprayed too much silicone on it :( Got my order of Maru lube coming in soon.

Whyusosrs?

the GuHong overshoots too much if use MARU lube.

No it doesn't? Mine works fine with maru. I love it. Maybe your turning style just isn't used to it so that statement is based on opinion, not fact. Just like my statement about Maru in the guhong was based on opinion, not fact.

HelpCube

YouTube
Visit Channel
I disagree with this thread and I disagree with your signature. Maru lube is really good in all cubes, and not all rubiks brands are bad. I have one that is my main speedcube.

I like my rubik's brand better than 70% of diys.

On topic: Maru lube works fine in any cube. It only lasts for a few solves anyway, so if you overlube, it will be fine in the end. What I do to all of my cubes is this:

1-2 decent size squirts of crc in the cube. Wait 1-2 hours.
Lube the core with lubix. Wait an hour.
2-3 drops of maru lube. best cube ever.

nathanajah

WCA
2010AZAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I disagree with this thread and I disagree with your signature. Maru lube is really good in all cubes, and not all rubiks brands are bad. I have one that is my main speedcube.

I agree. Not all Rubik's brands are bad, it depends on your preference. My main cube is Rubik's DIY, and I can sub-13 with it.
About the lube, it really depends on the cube and again, your preference. I use Penray to lube my Rubik's DIY, and never tried maru, so I can't compare it.

(Though, I think most people will agree that 2x2, 4x4, and 5x5 rubik's brand aren't very good for speedcubing..

splinteh

YouTube
Visit Channel

Dude, I agree with his sig. The Maru lube is good but it runs out VERY QUICKLY. You're better off buying silicone lubricant locally rather than going online to purchase lube that will run out in a couple weeks.

radmin

WCA
2010HARD02
Maru lube gives the cube an instant jolt.
Other lubes need time to dry and work in. A lot of times other lubes make the cube worse for the first few minutes.

If Maru lube is the exact same as Rubiks.com lube (and I'm pretty sure it is,) then it's silicone and mineral spirits. The product is called Shine-Up. It's a furniture polish. This has all been discussed before. It's seen a big revival now that Maru gives it away with their 4x4.

It's doesn't "run" out, it dries out, as it should. Then the silicone is left behind. When you first put it in, it works well when still wet. When this feeling wears off people think it wore off. The only lubes that go in wet and stay wet are shock oil and Lubix. (that I know of)

Last edited:

TK 421

YouTube
Visit Channel
Not all rubiks brand is bad but their 2x2 4x4 and 5x5 sucks their DIY lock up even more than storebought

Plastic discoloration may appear if oversprayed in cube (penray)

I'm too used to heavy cubes

WCA
2010LECA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not all rubiks brand is bad but their 2x2 4x4 and 5x5 sucks their DIY lock up even more than storebought

Plastic discoloration may appear if oversprayed in cube (penray)

I'm too used to heavy cubes

2x2: Pestvic liked his.
4x4: No. It was Thrwast's main speedcube for a while.
5x5: It was my main speedcube until I got a V cube. It was better than an ES.