• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

canadianCUBING Classic 2009

Sa967St

Not A Moderator
WCA
2007STRO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
C^3 has been announced!
http://www.canadiancubing.com/Events.aspx?ID=15

canadiancubing.com said:
CanadianCUBING is pleased to present the The canadianCUBING Classic 2009 (C3 2009). The competition will take place on Saturday July 25, 2009 at the The Children's Museum. The Museum is located at 10 King Street West, Kitchener, Ontario. The competition will run from 10AM to 5PM, the operating hours of the museum.
This competition will be similar to last year's C3 competition in the events offered. It is aimed at giving cubers a chance to set official times, as well as generate exposure for cubing here in Canada. We will have only seven official events available at the competition.
This is an official WCA event, and as such all official regulations will be followed. Please take some time to read them over before the day of the competition, especially if you have never competed before.

Events:

Magic
2x2x2
3x3x3
3x3x3 One-Handed
3x3x3 Blindfolded
4x4x4
5x5x5

http://www.canadiancubing.com/Registration.aspx?ID=C32009

Last edited:

ThatGuy

WCA
2010GUSH01
I saw children's museum and got happy because we have one in our town...but then I remembered it was for Canadia.

abr71310

WCA
2009SHAO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I already registered for this too, so excited!!!
I registered for BLD... hopefully by this time I shall have learned M2 and gotten like a 30% success rate... then I will have succeeded if I get even ONE sub-5 min solve at C3 2009!!!

And I need a sub-18 average by this time or Justin's going to stab me in the nuts.

And Bill...
And... anybody else who's been watching me cube since last year.

Zaxef

WCA
2009MATH02
No worries, zaxef. Competitions are about socialization, not times, as far as I'm concerned.

Or maybe I just think that because I suck at cubing? :p

Oh I know lol - The biggest thing I'm looking forward to is finally meeting some other cubers face to face..
And watching them solve and whatnot.. And I do care about times in the sense that I want to do my best.. I know the others are much better than me :p

And you don't suck heheh.. your 3x3 is better than mine, but I may give you a run for your money on 5x5 if you're doing it :D

StachuK1992

statue
WCA
2008KORI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
No worries, zaxef. Competitions are about socialization, not times, as far as I'm concerned.

Oh I know lol - The biggest thing I'm looking forward to is finally meeting some other cubers face to face..
And watching them solve and whatnot.. And I do care about times in the sense that I want to do my best.. I know the others are much better than me :p

And you don't suck heheh.. your 3x3 is better than mine, but I may give you a run for your money on 5x5 if you're doing it :D
heehee. I'll be sure to practice my 5x5 then, which I've pretty much never done. :p

Zaxef

WCA
2009MATH02

heehee. I'll be sure to practice my 5x5 then, which I've pretty much never done. :p

Well my problem is that the only good 3x3 I had broke.. My other 3 are just horrible, the one that broke was storebought but it was broken in.. About 4 or 5 months worth of solving it 25+ times a day at least.
I have another storebought but it's horrible, and I have a decent cube.. I don't know what kind it is, it's real old.. but it has the chinese color scheme which kind of screws me up.
I won't have a 3x3 until C3 when I buy it from Dave :(

and I won't have a 2x2 until C3 either, buying one from a fellow competitor :D
My 4x4 is a paperweight... It locks up like every 2 turns
So all I have to practice is a 5x5 :eek:
5x5 is my favorite anyway so I guess it works out, it just sucks not being able to practice 3x3.. when I kind of need to for 5x5 :(

I've tried solving the 5x5 only as a 3x3 but it's not the same.. especially for learning algs

Zaxef

WCA
2009MATH02
I've never had a 2x2.. and using my shitty 4x4 as a 2x2 fails.. As well as my 6x6 since it pops..
So I'm looking forward to getting the 2x2 :p
I'm only signed up for 3x3 and 5x5 but I'm buying a DX 4x4 off Dave and a 2x2 off another competitor, so maybe I'll sign up for those too, even though I don't really know any 2x2 method other than solving it like 3x3 corners..
And I never practice 4x4.. but I do 5x5 a lot so it shouldn't be too bad right? :p

Zaxef

WCA
2009MATH02
I'm averaging about 2:35-2:40 (timed with my iPod.. Start the song when I start then look at the time when I'm done.. which is why it isn't in my sig lol, need to take a real timed average soon) with a 2:28 PB
Although in competition I might get nervous and go up to 2:50ish :(
Maybe I'll get lucky and hit a sub 2:30 single.. ^_^
I'm curious to see how fast I can do a 4x4 though.. Maybe like 1:50-2:00?

StachuK1992

statue
WCA
2008KORI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ha. You'll def. beat me at 5x5 then, unless I start practicing like crazy!
EDIT:
Actually, I just decided not to participate in 5x5 at all, so I can focus more time on smaller cubes, which I tend to like more. 234 is what I'm about. Mainly 23; hah

Last edited:

Zaxef

WCA
2009MATH02
Lol no worries, like you said... It's not just about the times ;)

Actually, I just decided not to participate in 5x5 at all, so I can focus more time on smaller cubes, which I tend to like more. 234 is what I'm about. Mainly 23; hah
Oh great, so now I will be in last place.. jeez.. lol :p
jksjks

Last edited: