• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Can we solve a 3x3 each doing only one move?

BlastKracken7

YouTube
Visit Channel

Iwannaganx

It should've been something else... The oll should have been a U2 R because of the z' rotation and on top of that we need to do something about that B2.
Edit 1: im stupid. I didn't see the B2 fix
Edit 2: Because of the rotation the D because an L so ima say an D For my turn
https://alg.cubing.net/?alg=L_B_F-_...2_B2_D-_L2_B2_U_F2_R-_B2_R_F-_U_B-_F_U2_L-_U2
edit 3: This is becoming a lefty U case alg
I'm going to presume you meant D', to cancel out the D?
R2

So what we did was the B2 but then the rotation made it so the R2 D was actually D2 L. So I'm going to presume blastkraken meant D' and I will say R2, so now we need to finish off this alg.
Edit: reading over this it makes no sense.

I think the next move should be U2 to continue that alg

Cuberstache

WCA
2016DAVI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm going to presume you meant D', to cancel out the D?
R2

So what we did was the B2 but then the rotation made it so the R2 D was actually D2 L. So I'm going to presume blastkraken meant D' and I will say R2, so now we need to finish off this alg.
Edit: reading over this it makes no sense.

I think the next move should be U2 to continue that alg
So are you doing an R2 or a U2? Also, I don't think you should assume someone meant a move other than what they said. He said D and the link he posted has D D so that's the move that happened.

Iwannaganx

So are you doing an R2 or a U2? Also, I don't think you should assume someone meant a move other than what they said. He said D and the link he posted has D D so that's the move that happened.
sorry, that post was not well thought out.
i have no idea what he was trying to do, but the other people before him did the first moves of an alg, but only AFTER the cube had been rotated. this made the normal R2 D into a D2 L (with the rotations, R2, becomes D2.) so if he did a D, it would have been an L2. (both D moves combined and then the rotation). if he did D' and I did an R2, then we are back to where we can do a U2 R and continue the alg (with the rotation) from there.

that still doesnt make sense.

Cuberstache

WCA
2016DAVI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
sorry, that post was not well thought out.
i have no idea what he was trying to do, but the other people before him did the first moves of an alg, but only AFTER the cube had been rotated. this made the normal R2 D into a D2 L (with the rotations, R2, becomes D2.) so if he did a D, it would have been an L2. (both D moves combined and then the rotation). if he did D' and I did an R2, then we are back to where we can do a U2 R and continue the alg (with the rotation) from there.

that still doesnt make sense.
He did a D. The final state of the cube is on the link he shared: https://alg.cubing.net/?alg=L_B_F-_...2_B2_D-_L2_B2_U_F2_R-_B2_R_F-_U_B-_F_U2_L-_U2 I think undoing the D D and R2 is a good idea. So what move are you doing? It might also be a good idea to just do a z to resolve all this ridiculous confusion.

Iwannaganx

He did a D. The final state of the cube is on the link he shared: https://alg.cubing.net/?alg=L_B_F-_...2_B2_D-_L2_B2_U_F2_R-_B2_R_F-_U_B-_F_U2_L-_U2 I think undoing the D D and R2 is a good idea. So what move are you doing? It might also be a good idea to just do a z to resolve all this ridiculous confusion.
ok here we go, ill just do the z at the end.
L2 D2 L2 U' L2 B2 D' L2 B2 U F2 R' B2 R F' U B' F U2 L' U2

L B F' U' F2 U2 R2 R' U R U R L' U L2 R' U L' L' U' U2 L U L' U' L U2 L' U L U' U B U' B' U B' B B U' B2 R B R' z' B2 R2 D D z

Cuberstache

WCA
2016DAVI02
YouTube
Visit Channel

icarneiro

D2

Scramble: L2 D2 L2 U' L2 B2 D' L2 B2 U F2 R' B2 R F' U B' F U2 L' U2

Solve: L B F' U' F2 U2 R2 R' U R U R L' U L2 R' U L' L' U' U2 L U L' U' L U2 L' U L U' U B U' B' U B' B B U' B2 R B R' z' B2 B2 R2 D D z L2 D2

--------------

come on, just do the normal OLL alg

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
R2

Scramble: L2 D2 L2 U' L2 B2 D' L2 B2 U F2 R' B2 R F' U B' F U2 L' U2

Solve: L B F' U' F2 U2 R2 R' U R U R L' U L2 R' U L' L' U' U2 L U L' U' L U2 L' U L U' U B U' B' U B' B B U' B2 R B R' z' B2 B2 R2 D D z L2 D2 R2