• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Brussels Summer Open 2008

DavidWoner

The Punchmaster
WCA
2008WONE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Clock: 11, 13, 11 (DNF), missed the last one at 1 tick of the clock. Too bad, could've given me a nice avg but there is a next chance the next tournament. Finally improving at Clock again now that I have a good one! :D

now erik... i know you have a thing for beating matyas' records, but clock is mine:D

anyway nice job, im excited to see what you will accomplish when you are not ill or getting +2s all the time.

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Erik already broke the 5x5x5 WR after his first 4 solve. I told him that he should DNS it for fun, but he decided to do an "all or nothing" attempt to break to single WR. When he didn't break it he stopped the timer.

And for magic a string came out and he waited as long as possible to stop the timer. He was planning on doing a 9:59.99, but there was a 2 minutes time limit.

(I uploaded the video's Tobias and I made on my camera and send a link to the files to Erik. If he finds the time he will upload them to his youtube account)

Kenny

WCA
2008SCHM01
Geez, Erik, you're CRAZY :|. ****ing unbelievable. Way to GO! Congrats!

When will we see a sub40 4x4 single? :p I'm guessing less than a year or so :D.

TobiasDaneels

WCA
2006DANE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've got some videos on my camera, and I will upload them as soon as possible, tommorow, if not today.

In the 3x3 he was very unlucky to have a penalty twice (!) in the same average. If the last one wasn't a penalty, it would definately be sub-11 average.

Not to be able to solve a cube is not a matter of luck at all !!!

I think we all know Erik knows how to solve a cube. :)

I know it's always a bit your own fault when you have +2, but when you're pushing it to the limit, one has to take some risks. Off course it's a bit unlucky not to be rewarded for these risks.
Still you make a point.

Sin-H

WCA
2007HUBE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Belgian Dutch (Flemish) sounds so much nicer than normal Dutch :D
Also, when we are we think in a foreign country and want to say funny, good or bad things about it we mostly just say it in Dutch. We didn't really realise the people could just understand it xD

I agree. Our region speaks German in the same way that they speak Dutch, our dialect and accent is just deeper.

And OUR language also sounds much nicer than normal German. Especially because normal German sounds so hectic and pushy.

(There's even people who say that we can talk to the Flemish guys and the guys in Alsace in our language :p; we quite speak Middle German which was spoken when there was no Dutch yet)

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel

guusrs

WCA
1982RAZO01
Hi everybody,
Amazig results, especially for one person...
Congrats Erik!
But only 8.90 is not so fast. But you're still my hero. haha

At Euro there 's only one dangerous competitor called "" nerves"!

guusrs

WCA
1982RAZO01
This is the scramble for FMC: R2 U2 R' B2 L B2 R' F2 L' D2 R2 F' R2 B' U R2 F2 L U F' R

Hi,

At home I did 29 moves on this scramble.
If someone is interested in how I did it I will post the solution

Gus

(zzrry Arnaud, I "repaired" the quote)

Last edited:

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nothing spectacular on the first day.
P.S. This is the scramble for FMC: R2 U2 R' B2 L B2 R' F2 L' D2 R2 F' R2 B' U R2 F2 L U F' R
I forgot to write it down last night

Hi,

At home I did 29 moves on this scramble.
If someone is interested in how I did it I will post the solution

Gus
That is just a mean way of getting me to post "me"